13

OWENS POV
"Derek!" I yelled to catch up to him. He was unaware I was listening to him and Meredith so he won't know I know Amelia's here.
"You're going to hate me for asking, but is Amelia here? Is she the patient? Is she okay?" I asked. He looked at me and his expression changed.
"Did she text you?" He asked.
"No," I said.
"She's here," Derek said.
"Is she okay?" I asked.
"She's grieving," Derek said.
"Can I see her?" I asked.
"I have to ask her," Derek said, "she's going to kill me she didn't want anyone knowing."
"I don't have to see her if she doesn't want," I said.
"I'll ask her," Derek said. I followed him upstairs and I waited outside for him. After a few minutes the door opened and he came out.
"You can go in," Derek said.

AMELIAS POV
The door opened and it was Derek.
"Hey," Derek said.
"Hey," I said.
"Please don't kill me but Owen figured out you were here and he wants to see you," Derek said.
"He knows?" I said in a small voice.
"I didn't tell him I'm sorry Meredith and I didn't use your name or anything but maybe he overheard something and connected the dots," Derek said, "but he really wants to see you."
"He does?" I asked.
"Yeah, he cares about you Amy," Derek said.
"He probably thinks I'm crazy," I said.
"He doesn't, he's worried and I know he wants to see that you're okay," Derek said.
"I'm not okay," I said.
"You're alive," Derek said, "and that's important and that matters."
"Let him in," I said.
"Okay," Derek nodded. Derek left and Owen returned. I haven't seen him in a month. I looked at him and I went silent. I don't even know what I would say to him.
"Hey," Owen said, "it's good to see you."
"Hey," I said, "it's good to see you too."
"You alright?" He asked.
"Yeah uh," I said, thinking of a lie to tell him, "Did Derek tell you anything?"
"No," Owen said, "mind if I sit?"
"You can sit," I said.
"Okay," Owen said and sat down next to me in a chair.
"Sorry I totally ghosted you. I really didn't mean to," I said.
"Hey it's okay," Owen said.
"I should probably tell you what's going on," I said.
"You don't have to if you don't want to," Owen said.
"Ryan overdosed on his way to the hospital and passed away a month ago. That's why I went down there I'm not sure what Derek told you but I told him not to tell anyone. I hope you don't hate me for leaving," I said.
"I don't hate you. And I'm so sorry for your loss Amelia," Owen said, "there's nothing to apologize for, you needed time to grieve."
"I just feel so guilty," I said softly.
"For Ryan's death?" He asked. I nodded.
"It's not your fault," He said.
"Everyone keeps saying that but it doesn't make it seem better," I cried.
"Can I hug you?" He asked. I nodded as he got up and sat down next to me and wrapped me in a hug. I cried into him as he held me tightly.
"You'll get through this. You're strong I know you are," he said softly.
"I need a lot of help," I cried into him, "I totally zoned out. I've barely eaten anything in the past month. I haven't gotten out of bed. I haven't done anything. I feel so numb and I think about relapsing everyday."
"Have you relapsed?" He asked.
"No," I said.
"Okay," he said and rubbed my back. I calmed down and laid my head on his chest.
"I'm really sorry I didn't talk to you," I admitted, "you were so nice when I got here and I really like talking to you."
"It's okay," Owen said, "you're back now and you're okay."
"I missed you," I said.
"I missed you too Amelia," he said.