24

AMELIAS POV
I walked into work with Owen and I smiled. We were going to tell our friends we were dating today. It was exciting. We were official. I didn't think I'd be comfortable with this yet, but Owen makes everything seem alright. He makes all my fears and worries go away. My pager went off and I frowned.
"I'll see you later?" I asked.
"Yeah," Owen said. I pecked his lips before I left and he smiled. I was so in love with him. I ran down to the pit and changed into scrubs and got gowned to look at the patient that came in. By the looks of it, it would be a long surgery.
-
I scrubbed out of a 7 hour surgery. I walked into the hallway and my back was killing me. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and texted Owen.
"Are you still here?" I sent.
"Yeah, eating some dinner in the cafeteria," he sent.
"Okay," I sent. I got in the elevator and got off and walked to the cafeteria. I saw him sitting with Meredith, Derek, Arizona, April, and Alex. I grabbed a plate and I felt someone walk up next to me. I turned to see Owen.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey," he said and rubbed my back.
"I'm so tired," I said.
"I can tell," he said, "long surgery?"
"Yeah," I nodded.
"Well after both of our shifts you can sleep as long as you want," he said and kissed my forehead.
"Yeah," I said. I walked back to the table with him and sat down. April and Arizona exchanged looks and then looked at Owen and I.
"Are you guys dating?" April asked. Owen looked over at me and I smiled.
"Yeah we are," Owen said.
"Oh my god finally," April said.
"Aw stop I'm so happy for you guys," Arizona said.
"It is about time," Alex chuckled. I smiled as I looked at Owen and he grabbed my hand under the table. I squeeze his hand and he kissed my cheek. I love him so much.
-
Owen parked his car in his driveway and we both got out. It was close to 3AM and we were both exhausted. He unlocked the door and I kicked my shoes off and we both walked upstairs.
"Can I borrow some clothes?" I asked as I yawned.
"Yeah," Owen said. I changed and then crawled into bed with him. I laid my head on his chest and he ran his fingers through my hair.
"How was your day?" Owen asked.
"Long," I chuckled.
"Yeah," Owen said.
"I'm glad everyone knows about us though," I said.
"Me too," Owen said. I closed my eyes as I snuggled into him.

OWENS POV
I woke up to my alarm clock. Shit. I reached over Amelia as I hit off.
"Ugh," Amelia mumbled.
"I'm sorry," I chuckled and kissed her forehead.
"How early is it?" She said.
"10," I said.
"Can I go back to bed?" She asked cutely.
"Sure honey," I said and kissed her head.
"Honey," she mumbled, "I like that."
"I'm glad," I chuckled and got up and walked downstairs to let her sleep more. I started making some coffee and breakfast for when she was ready to come downstairs. I made eggs and finished pouring coffee and I heard someone sit down at the table.
"I couldn't fall back asleep," she chuckled.
"Well lucky for you I made breakfast," I said.
"Thanks," she said. I handed her a plate and sat down next to her. She pushed her food around and looked over at me.
"I'm gonna go shower," she said.
"You didn't eat," I frowned.
"I'm okay," she said.
"Is something wrong?" I asked.
"I should probably go home," she said.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Nothing, it's nothing," she said.
"Amelia sit down," I said as I put my hand on her arm, "is something wrong?" She went quiet as she sat back down next to me.
"Amelia," I said.
"I can't tell you," she said.
"Please talk to me," I said softly, "it's okay, whatever it is."
"Today is my son's 9th birthday," she said quietly.
"Oh," I said quietly, "I'm so sorry."
"I kinda just want to be by myself today," she said, "if that's okay."
"That's okay," I said, "I can drive you back home."
"Thank you," she said. She got up and I wrapped her in a hug as she started crying.
"Are you sure you want to be alone?" I asked.
"Yeah," she said.