12

AMELIAS POV
Shit. I was in the mental hospital. I was crazy. I let it get too bad. I lost 25 pounds from not eating. I was starting to panic. Did I ruin everything? Would I still have a job here it's been over a month since I did surgery. Surgery. Oh my god I haven't done surgery in forever. The door opened and it was Meredith and Derek.
"You need an IV," Derek said and wheeled one in. A needle. I can't.
"I'll drink a water bottle please," I said.
"Amelia you're really malnourished you need one," Meredith said.
"Is it the needle?" Derek asked. I nodded.
"Meredith can you give us a minute?" Derek said. Meredith left and I could feel the tears in my eyes form.
"Amy it'll just be a quick pinch," Derek said, "then you won't have to think about it."
"Derek the last time I had a needle in my arm I was shooting oxy," I said.
"Amelia you really need it," Derek said. I was starting to panic. Maybe this was a bad idea. Maybe I should have stayed at Charlotte's house.
"Hey, hey what's going on?" Derek said gently as I knew he could see me panicking.
"No I think I need to go home," I said crying, "I don't want to do this anymore."
"Amelia," Derek said, "you're going to be okay but you need help."
"You have to make it quick," I said and looked at the needle. Shit. It just made me think of drugs.
"It'll be quick," Derek said.
"Fine," I said and looked away. I felt the pinch in my arm and I tensed up.
"You're done," Derek said. I looked at the IV in my arm and I sighed. This was only the beginning.

OWENS POV
I haven't heard from Amelia. Derek was supposedly bringing her back to Seattle. I took out my phone and texted her.
"Hey, heard you were maybe coming back to Seattle. Would love to see you if you're back," I sent. The message went through but it just sat there like all my other ones.
"There's a VIP patient?" April asked as she looked as the bed chart for the floors.
"I want nobody in that room," Derek said as he took the bed chart from April.
"Why is it someone really famous?" April said.
"I don't want to hear a word about it. Nobody is allowed to go in or out of the room, and nobody is to gossip about who it is," Derek said sternly. April got paged which just left us two. I should ask about Amelia.
"Hey so did you see Amelia?" I asked him.
"Yeah uh, she's fine," Derek said.
"Is she back?" I asked.
"I need to get going," Derek said. That was weird.

AMELIAS POV
I spoke to a grieving therapist this morning. It was alright. It made me really upset to relive everything with Ryan through a stranger, but it did feel good to let it out. I was laying in my bed watching TV and the door opened. It was Mer.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey," she said, "can I sit?"
"Sure," I nodded. She silently sat down and looked at the TV.
"Did you need to do a test or something?" I asked.
"No, I just figured you were lonely up here," she said, "no offense."
"None taken," I said.
"How was the therapist?" Meredith asked.
"She was good," I said.
"A psychologist is coming in soon," Meredith said.
"Why so he can declare me crazy?" I said.
"Amelia I don't think you're crazy. I don't think they will either. I just think you're having a rough time and you need some guidance. That's all. You're not crazy," Meredith said.
"That might be the nicest thing you've ever said to me," I chuckled.
"I do like you," Meredith said, "you aren't horrible to be around."
"Uh thanks?" I chuckled.
"Have you spoken to Owen?" Meredith asked.
"He texted me before," I said.
"Did you respond?" She asked. I shook my head no.
"He's worried about you. And I know he's missed you. You should talk to him," Meredith said.
"Does anyone know I'm back in Seattle?" I asked, "or in the psych ward."
"Nobody knows," Meredith said.

OWENS POV
I never got a response from Amelia. Maybe our friendship was done and she wasn't coming back. I saw Derek talking to Meredith. They seem to be the only ones who knew anything about this vip patient.
"I want no drugs in that room at all," Derek said.
"There's not," Meredith said.
"Has she eaten?" Derek asked.
"She told me she wasn't hungry," Meredith said, "but had a few bites of a sandwich."
"Okay," Derek said, "at least it's something."
"Yeah," Meredith said.
"She can't relapse," Derek said. Wait a minute. Was the patient Amelia?