10

one month later
CHARLOTTES POV
"Derek I'm not kicking her out but I think you need to come down here and talk to her. Everything I try doesn't work. She barely eats and doesn't get out of bed. She won't even talk to Addison, Sheldon, Pete, Sam, or anyone if they come over. It's getting bad," I said.
"Okay, I'll fly down tonight, maybe I can try to convince her to come back to Seattle and I can get her help here," Derek said.
"That sounds like a good idea," I sighed, "I want to help her but I don't know what to do."
"Yeah I'm coming down, I shouldn't have let her get this bad," Derek said.
"It's not your fault," I said.
"It's not yours either," Derek said, "I'll see you soon." He hung up and I looked over at Addison who was sitting across from me.
"He's coming?" She asked. I nodded.
"Do you think she'll go with him?" I asked.
"Hopefully, she needs help," Addison said, "she used to be such a bubbly person in there, and now she's broken, she needs help beyond what you can do Char."
"I know," I said as I could feel tears form, "I just wish I could help her more."

OWENS POV
I haven't heard from Amelia in over a month. I've stopped texting because I feel like I'm bothering her. I've called a few times and it's gone to voicemail. Meredith said she hadn't heard from Amelia either, and I think Derek has talked to her only once or twice. I don't know why she went to LA but I'm thinking it had to do with Ryan. Maybe he won her back and she won't come back. Maybe he was in trouble and she went to help. Maybe it was something with Charlotte or Addison. I don't know. But I'm sad without Amelia. She brought a smile to me face when she was laughing or having fun, and she had such a big heart, and it hurts me to think she could be in trouble. I saw Derek get off the phone down the hallway and he looked upset. He sighed as he put his phone in his pocket and then looked up and saw me.
"Everything okay?" I asked him.
"Yeah everything is fine I'm going to see Amelia," he said.
"Is she coming back?" I asked.
"Yeah I'm going to fly down there and get her," he said, but the way he said it he sounded upset and worried. I was worried something happened to her. Maybe she relapsed or something.
"Okay have a good flight," I said, "hope everything's okay."
"Thanks," he said.

AMELIAS POV
"Amelia someone's here," Charlotte said. I lifted my head off the pillow and saw Derek. Shit.
"Hey," Derek said gently as Charlotte left.
"Hey," I said.
"You alright?" Derek asked.
"Yeah I'm fine," I said and laid back down.
"Amelia," Derek said and laid down next to me.
"Yeah?" I asked.
"You want to come back to Seattle?" Derek asked me.
"I'm so tired," I said.
"Everyone misses you," Derek said, "I've missed you."
"No Derek I'm tired of doing this. Tired of laying here all day. Tired of feeling like nothing. Tired of feeling alone. I'm just tired of it," I said, "I miss Ryan I wish I never left this is all my fault."
"It wasn't your fault Amy," Derek said.
"It was," I cried, "it's my fault." He wrapped me in a hug and kissed my head.
"Come back with me," Derek said.
"Life is easier here I can just sit here and think of Ryan in peace," I said, "and imagine him and our baby boy together in heaven. I hope he's at peace and safe. And maybe he can meet dad."
"I'm sure he's safe up there, but I'm also sure he wouldn't want you to go on like this," Derek said.
"I didn't get to say goodbye," I said, "the last time I saw him was a cold exchange at the parking lot of the airport. And he mentioned how we always wanted two boys and two girls for our family. I apologized for it ending how it did, and then I left, and never turned back. I never got to say goodbye."
"I'm so sorry," Derek said.
"I think," I said softly but stopped.
"You think what?" Derek asked.
"I think I need help," I said as I clutched the pillow close to me.
"If you come back with me I'll get you help. You can go to the hospital and you'll get help there. You need help Charlotte and I can't give you," Derek said.
"Everyone will know," I cried.
"No they won't. I'll make you a vip patient and clear out half the floor. I don't care I'll do whatever to get you back," he said softly.
"I haven't been eating," I admitted.
"I know," Derek sighed, "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner."
"It's okay," I said, "I'm not your responsibility, or I shouldn't be."
"You'll come back with me?" Derek asked.
"I don't know," I said.
"Everyone misses you," he said, "especially Owen."
"Owen," I said softly. Oh my god Owen. I haven't spoken to him in forever. I told him to stop calling the day I got here and never talked to him. I was starting to really like him and his company. Oh my god I ruined it.
"Amy?" Derek asked.
"Owen probably thinks I'm crazy," I said.
"No he doesn't. He asks about you all the time. He wants to make sure you're okay, I'm sure he's called," Derek said.
"He asks about me?" I said.
"Yeah," Derek said, "he cares." I froze for a minute. I let my life get so bad. I don't even know what day it is.
"What day is it?" I asked.
"Sunday the 27th," Derek said.
"Ryan's memorial was on the 2nd," I said.
"Yeah," Derek said.
"Oh my god," I said.
"Will you come back?" Derek asked.
"Only if you don't let anyone know I'm getting help, and if I can visit Ryan's grave before we leave," I said.
"We can do that," Derek said.
"Okay," I said, scared of how I was going to go back to Seattle after I abandoned everyone.