19

OWENS POV
Amelias been at my house for a few days. I don't mind. I like having her around. Her withdrawals subsided last night, and I was glad to see her feeling better. I walked into my bedroom and Amelia was laying in bed.
"Good morning," I said.
"Morning," she smiled. God she was so cute. I think I have feelings for her. But it's so dangerous. She's hurting and I can't hurt her more. She doesn't deserve anymore pain. I sat down next to her and put my arm around her.
"Thank you for helping me get sober," She said.
"You're welcome," I said. She looked at me and sighed.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"I um," she said as she started crying.
"You what? What's wrong?" I asked.
"I have feelings for you," she said as she cried, "like lots of feelings and I feel so guilty because you deserve someone a million times better than me. And I feel so guilty for even telling you because I'm in no place to even be in a relationship or have a boyfriend. But I've appreciated everything you've done for me and god I really like you."
"I really like you too," I said gently, "it's okay if you aren't ready."
"You deserve better than me," she said in a small voice, "we both know that."
"What's wrong with you? Why can't I have you?" I asked.
"Because I'm messed up," she said, "I stayed at your house for four days and threw up the whole time. You deserve someone who doesn't have as many problems as me."
"That's not true," I said, "you're not messed up."
"I can't be in anything right now," she said.
"I know. Your sobriety is important to both of us," I said. I stroked her cheek with my thumb and she put her hand on top of mine.
"I'll be yours on day," I said softly, "and you'll be mine Amelia."
"Promise?" She said softly.
"I promise," I said, "because I love you."
"I love you too," she said.

this is short i know, I apologize but there's a little time skip coming up.