14

AMELIAS POV
Owen and I fell asleep. He was asleep in the chair across from my bed. I was craving alcohol so badly. I just wanted one drink. I wanted to feel something. I knew there was nothing in this room, not even Tylenol. The door opened and it was Meredith. She saw Owen and looked at me.
"You two make up?" She asked. I nodded.
"Good, he missed you," She said and grabbed my chart.
"What's on the agenda for today?" I asked.
"Grief counseling, dietician counseling, and  sleeping," Meredith said.
"Fun," I said.
"Are you grouchy this morning?" She asked me.
"A little," I said.
"Why?" She asked.
"No reason," I said.
"Yeah okay," she said. I couldn't tell her. She'd tell Derek.
"You can tell me," she said.
"I really want alcohol," I said.
"Okay," she said, "well we have water so."
"I'll take water," I said and she left. After a few minutes Owen's eyes opened.
"Good morning," I said.
"Good morning," he said, "guess I fell asleep here."
"Yeah," I chuckled. Meredith opened the door and handed me a water bottle.
"I'll be back after counseling okay?" She said. I nodded as she left. I looked at the water and sighed as I put it on the end table.
"What's wrong?" Owen asked.
"Nothing," I said.
"Amelia," Owen said.
"I wish it was vodka or something," I admitted. I saw his expression change and I frowned.
"I'm sure you have better things to do than spend time with the mental patient," I said.
"I like spending time with you, and I missed you," Owen said.
"I have to go to counseling anyway," I said.
"Okay," Owen said, "can I come by later?"
"Yeah," I nodded.

OWENS POV
I left Amelia alone and walked downstairs to start my rounds. I was worried about her. I'm afraid she's going to relapse. I know she thinks about it all the time. I finished my rounds with interns and went to the cafeteria for some breakfast.
"Did you eat?" I sent to Amelia.
"No," she sent.
"Do you want me to bring you up some breakfast?" I sent.
"Sure, I'm finishing up counseling," she sent. I grabbed an extra breakfast sandwich and got in the elevator.
"Where are you going?" Arizona asked.
"Visiting a patient," I said. The doors opened to the psych ward and she looked at me.
"Do you know who the patient is?" She asked.
"None of your business," I chuckled as I got out. I started walking down the hallway and I heard yelling from Amelia's room. A few moments after I approached Derek stormed out. I went in and Amelia was wiping her tears. She looked up and saw me and froze.
"God you must think I'm crazy," She said.
"You're not," I said and handed her breakfast.
"Thanks," she said.

AMELIAS POV
"You told Meredith you wanted alcohol?" Derek asked me after I got back from counseling.
"It came up in conversation," I said.
"Amelia you can't drink," he said.
"I know that," I said.
"I'm checking your room," he said.
"What the fuck!" I yelled at him.
"I can't trust you," he said.
"Yes you can!" I cried, "I said I wanted to drink but I never said I would!"
"Well I love you too much to let you relapse!" He said as he started going through everything.
"Why can't you just trust me!" I cried.
"Because you're unstable!" He yelled at me. I felt so small. I sat down and let him go through everything because he wouldn't find anything. When he was done he stormed out and I sighed. The door opened and it was Owen. I've made the worst first few impressions on this guy.
-
I opened my eyes and Owen was sitting next to me on his phone.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey," he said.
"I guess I fell asleep," I chuckled.
"Yeah, you were out for a while," he said.
"My bad," I chuckled.
"It's okay," he said. I sighed as I looked over at him.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"I want things to go back to normal. I want to go to work. I want to see my nieces and nephew. I want to sleep in my comfy bed. I want to be out of here," I admitted, "I know Ryan can't come back, and I know nothing will make him come back, but I just wish my life would go back."
"Well maybe in a little while it will," Owen said.
"Yeah," I shrugged, "Maybe it will."