9

CHARLOTTES POV
Everyone went to Ryan's memorial service a few days ago. It was a nice service, and Amelia got to speak along with a few others. After the memorial I haven't been able to get her to leave my room. Or the bed. She gets up to pee a few times a day and that's it. I bring her food and it sits on the plate. I walked into the room and she was laying on her side staring at the wall. I leaned up against the door frame.
"Amelia?" I asked. She looked over at me and I could see how tired she was in her eyes. My heart ached for her.
"Do you want to come down and eat some breakfast? Maybe a cup of coffee?" I offered.
"No," she sighed as she went back to laying down.
"Amelia," I said as I walked into the room and sat down on the bed.
"I can move if you want your bed," she said.
"It's not about the bed. I'm worried about you," I said.
"I'm just tired," she said.
"Amelia," I sighed, "it's okay that you're hurting, but you have to eat something."
"Later," she said.
"Okay," I said. She pulled the covers over herself and I got up and walked downstairs.

DEREKS POV
I haven't heard from Amelia in over a week. She went to Charlotte's house and I haven't heard from her yet. I was walking down the hallway at work and my phone rang.
"Hello?" I said.
"Hey it's Charlotte," Charlotte answered.
"Hey, is everything okay?" I asked.
"I'm worried about Amelia," Charlotte said, "we went to Ryan's service last week and she has barely gotten out of bed, eaten, or done anything since. I know she's craving drugs and alcohol and I'm worried."
"Do you want me to come down there?" I asked.
"I'm not kicking her out, I'll take care of her I'm just worried. She barely talks to me," Charlotte said.
"Can you put her on the phone?" I asked.
"She might be asleep," Charlotte said.
"Hello?" Amelia answered. She sounded exhausted and I frowned.
"Hey," I said, "How are you?"
"Tired," she answered.
"Are you coming back soon?" I asked.
"I don't know," she sighed, "I'm not ready."
"Do you want me to fill out a leave of absence for you?" I asked.
"Yeah that would be good," she said, "I'm going to go back to bed. I love you."
"Okay, I love you too," I said. She gave the phone back to Charlotte.
"She really took the loss hard," Charlotte said.
"I know," I frowned, "can you promise me something?"
"Yeah," Charlotte said.
"You can't let her relapse okay?" I said upsetly, "please tell me you'll try to keep her sober."
"I will I promise. She won't relapse," Charlotte said.
"Thank you," I said.
-
I walked into the cafeteria and sat down next to Meredith, who was sitting with Owen. I grabbed Amelia's leave paper and started filling it out as I dipped my coffee.
"What's that?" Meredith asked.
"Leave of absence form," I said.
"You're leaving?" Owen said confused.
"It's for Amelia," I said.
"She's still in LA?" Meredith asked.
"Yeah," I said, "I'm giving her a month."
"A month? Are you crazy?" Meredith said.
"Meredith I spoke to her today and this is between her and I," I said as I signed the bottom of the form.
"Is she alright?" Owen asked.
"Has she spoken to you?" I asked, figured Amelia might have texted him.
"No," Owen said, "I called the night she left and texted me to stop calling and that we'll talk when she comes back."
"It's better that way," Derek said, "she'll talk to you when she's ready."

AMELIAS POV
I opened my eyes and Charlotte was sitting in a chair across from me.
"Hey," she said softly.
"Hey," I groaned as I rubbed my eye.
"I made you some dinner," she said.
"Thanks," I said.
"Do you want to go eat downstairs?" She said. God I was so exhausted. I really didn't want to get up.
"I'm okay here," I said.
"Amelia you haven't gotten out of bed in over a week," Charlotte said.
"I'm just tired," I shrugged.
"Amelia," Charlotte said, "I'm worried about you."
"Don't worry about me I'm fine," I sighed as I rolled over.