27

AUTHORS POV
It was nearly 4 years later. Owen and Amelia were getting married today. After 4 and a half years of dating the two were tying the knot today. Amelia was extremely hesitant about marriage for a while. She thought about Ryan, and part of her always felt she was betraying him if she married Owen, but those around her - including Meredith and Derek - showed her after a while that she wouldn't be if she married Owen. You could have two loves of your life, plenty of people did. Look at Richard Webber, as Meredith pointed out. He had loved Adele and Ellis very much, and who was to say Owen wasn't Amelia's second love. It sure felt like it. Amelia felt comfortable with marriage now. It was something she wanted with Owen, and she knew Ryan would be okay with it.

Amelia got into her wedding dress and turned around to look in the mirror.
"You look beautiful," Meredith smiled.
"The dress fits you perfectly," Charlotte said. Meredith, Addison, Charlotte, and Maggie were Amelia's bridesmaids, and Charlotte was her maid of honor. Maggie stepped into their lives about two years ago, when she moved to Seattle to meet her father Richard Webber and her half sister Meredith. Amelia and Maggie bonded right away and the two were sisters. The door opened and Maggie and Addison came in.
"Oh my gosh," Addison smiled.
"Amelia!" Maggie smiled, "oh you're gorgeous."
"Are you nervous?" Charlotte asked.
"No," I said.
"Really?" Meredith chuckled.
"Maybe just a little," I chuckled.

It was now time to walk down the isle. Since Amelia's father died when she was young, her mother was going to walk her down the isle. The two hadn't always been on the best of terms, but they got along well enough for them to come together for this special occasion, and one that would make Carolyn's daughter very happy.
"Are you ready?" Carolyn asked her daughter.
"Yeah," Amelia smiled.
"You have a very special man out there waiting for you," Carolyn said.
"I'm excited," Amelia beamed. The doors opened and Amelia locked eyes with her husband. He was so handsome. Owen locked eyes with Amelia and he instantly was brought to tears. She was beautiful, inside and out. He was so blessed to have known Amelia all along and seen her grow as a person and with her sobriety. She met him at the alter and he smiled.
"You're going to make me cry," Amelia whispered as the couple chuckled.
"I'm sorry," Owen chuckled. The ceremony started and the two couldn't keep their eyes off of one another. It was time for the vows and Amelia smiled as Charlotte handed her the sheet of paper.
"Owen, I have loved you from the day I met you. I have always loved you. I met you when I was at a very low point at my life, maybe the lowest, but you never gave up on me. You helped me through my darkest battles and my lowest moments. You saved my life. I know I've told you that before, and I do not mean it lightly, I mean it genuinely. You saved me at a time when I needed someone. After that I fell in love with you deeply. I am so grateful to get to know you in the way I do, and so glad I am standing up here as your wife to be. I promise to love you forever, and I promise to always be the best that I can be for our marriage. I love you more than life itself." Amelia at this point was now crying. Owen have her hand a reassuring squeeze.
"I love you," Owen said softly.
"I love you too," Amelia said. Owen was handed his vows and he unfolded the piece of paper.
"Amelia, I knew I loved you from the moment I met you. The two of us have been through a lot together, a lot of ups and downs, but I don't think that defines us. If anything, that makes us stronger together. I love you more than anything in the world, and I have loved and will continue to love seeing you grow into the wonderful woman you are today. You are stronger than anyone I've ever met, and I am so honored to get to be your soon to be husband. I promise that I will love you until I die, and I will always try my best to be the best husband that you deserve. I love you Amelia." The couple wiped their flowing tears as they said I do and kissed. Owen wrapped his arms around his wife and kissed her again.
"I love you so much," Amelia grinned.
"I love you more," Owen said to his wife.