22

a few weeks later
OWENS POV
Amelia and I have gone on a few dates and I fall deeper in love with her every time I'm with her. Tonight we were going to Meredith and Derek's house for a little dinner party with some others from work. Amelia and I haven't actually put a label on what we are, and we've kept it to ourselves. I know Amelia is still really scared of ruining things, which is so hard to believe because I know she's perfect, and she couldn't do such a thing, but I know it makes her more comfortable that we're taking it slow. I just want her to be happy and comfortable, and if keeping it a secret until we know what we are is what does it, it's fine by me. I was worried people would figure it out at dinner and she would freak out. I got changed in her bedroom and walked into her bathroom to see her putting on makeup. She was wearing a nice shirt and jeans and she looked amazing.
"Staring much?" She joked as she looked over her shoulder at me.
"Maybe," I said, "you're hot."
"So are you," she said. She finished getting ready and I walked over and kissed her passionately. She smiled as she wrapped her arms around my neck as I held her waist.
"We can't be late," she said softly.
"I know," I said and pecked her lips. We grabbed our things and got in the car and I started driving.
"Are we telling people?" Amelia asked me.
"I don't know," I said.
"Me either," Amelia said, "I kinda like it just being you and me right now."
"Me too, we don't have to rush anything," I said.
"You're sure?" Amelia asked, "I don't want you to feel like I'm hiding you."
"I don't, and I know you're not," I said, "it's okay."
"Okay," she said. We got to Meredith's and we both got out. Amelia rang the doorbell and Meredith answered.
"Hey guys," she smiled and hugged us.

AMELIAS POV
I was sitting next to Owen at dinner and it was really nice. Mainly everyone who wasn't working was here so it was nice to hangout with everyone, and I got to see the kids. They're getting so big it's crazy. We all finished dinner and I helped Meredith clean up the dishes.
"You look really happy," Meredith said.
"I am," I admitted.
"I'm glad," Meredith smiled.
"Auntie Amy!" Zola ran into the kitchen.
"What's up munchkin?" I asked.
"Look at my drawings from school," Zola said and pulled my arm to the fridge.
"They're very pretty Zola," I said, "you did this all by yourself?"
"Yes," she giggled.
"Zola you know you can't steal Amelia," Derek chuckled as he came into the kitchen.
"She's not stealing me," I said.
"Okay," Derek chuckled. Zola eventually ran off with her siblings and Derek looked at me.
"She's missed you," Derek said.
"I know," I frowned, "I'm sorry I should get over here more."
"It's okay," he said, "I'm just glad you're around again."
"Yeah," I smiled.
-
It had been storming for a while out. I looked out the window and I felt someone's hand on my back. I turned to see Owen.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey," he said.
"Should we head back? I don't want to get caught in the storm," I said.
"Yeah that's a good idea," he said, "I had a good time did you?"
"I did, it was nice to have everyone from work together," I said.
"Yeah," he said, "let me go grab the keys."
"Okay," I said. He left and Meredith came in.
"You're not driving home in this storm," Meredith said.
"I'm not, Owen is," I said.
"Amelia, just stay the night. You don't know if trees or power lines are down in the road," Meredith said.
"Are you sure?" I asked.
"I'm sure," Meredith said, "but what's the deal with you and Owen? Do I need to blow up and air mattress for him." She chuckled and I smiled.
"We can share my room," I said.
"Is something finally going on between you two?" She asked. I could immediately feel my face turn red as I chuckled.
"Oh my gosh is there?" Meredith said.
"Well we haven't really put a label on it but we've been going on dates," I smiled.
"I'm happy for you, he really cares about you," she said and hugged me.
"Thank you," I smiled. I walked back out to Owen and he was putting on his jacket.
"Hey Meredith said we can stay," I said as I kissed his cheek.
"It's okay with her?" He asked.
"Yeah," I said, "she said we don't know if there's trees or electrical lines down and she's right. It's safer if we're just here."
"Okay," he said, "that sounds like a plan."
"I also kinda told her about us," I chuckled.
"Okay," he said, "that's okay with me."
"It's okay with me too," I said.
"So I can do this?" He asked and kissed me.
"You can do that," I smiled.