16

3 weeks later
OWENS POV
Amelia's been back for almost 3 weeks now. She's been going to work and I think she's doing alright. We've also been hanging out a lot which was nice. I missed her a lot, and I'm glad she's doing better. I walked into her office holding lunch and she looked up from her laptop.
"Hey," she said.
"Hey," I smiled.
"Lunch?" She asked.
"Yup," I said.
"I gotta look at a few scans but sit," she said.
"Okay," I said. I handed her food and sat down next to her.
"Thank you," she said.
"Mhm," I said, "brain tumor?" I looked at the scan and she nodded.
"Yeah," She said, "it's a really tough one."
"I'm sorry," I said.
"I'll figure something out with Derek hopefully," she said and closed her laptop, "but anyway how's your day?"
"It's good," I said, "haven't been too busy."
"Yeah me either," she said, "what are you doing tonight?"
"Nothing, you?" I asked.
"Night shift," she said.
"Gotcha," I said.
"Foods good," she said, "cafeteria?"
"Restaurant down the block," I said.
"Knew it was too good to come from downstairs," she chuckled and I smirked.
"You're right," I said. I was starting to really like her, and I felt so guilty about it. I knew she was still mourning the loss of Ryan, and I felt so guilty liking her when she was going through so much. She pushed her hair behind her ear and I admired her.
"What?" She said.
"Nothing," I said.
"Do I have food on my face?" She chuckled as she grabbed a napkin.
"No," I said.
"Okay," she chuckled.
"Why are you being weird?" I joked.
"I'm being weird?" She laughed and nudged me.

AMELIAS POV
I scrubbed out of a long surgery and I sighed. I wanted to drink. I was exhausted. I was still grieving. I wanted a drink so badly. I rubbed my back and walked down the hallway. I thought about going to Joe's, but Derek and Mer might be there. I don't want them to see me drinking. I wanted to lay down. Maybe sleeping will make me feel better, make me forget my cravings. I opened an on call room and closed the door behind me. I sighed as I walked over to the bed.
"You alright?" Someone said. I jumped as their voice startled me, and I didn't anticipate anyone being in here. I turned around to see Owen.
"I'm fine," I said.
"Amelia," Owen said.
"I don't need everyone worried about me all the time," I said.
"Amelia I just want to make sure you're okay," Owen said gently.
"I know I'm sorry," I said frustrated.
"Come here," he said. I sat down next to him and he wrapped me in a hug.
"Are you feeling stressed? Sad? Upset? What's wrong?" He asked.
"Frustrated," I said.
"With what?" He asked.
"Myself," I admitted.
"Why?" He asked. He pulled back and looked at me. He stroked my cheek with his thumb and I took a deep breathe.
"I don't want to talk about it," I said in a small voice.
"Would you tell me if something was wrong?" He asked.
"Yeah," I nodded.
"Okay," he said. He stroked my cheek again and I looked at him.
"I, I have to go," I said.
"Didn't you come in here to sleep?" He asked.
"I just, I have to go," I said nervously.
"Okay," Owen said.

OWENS POV
I was worried about Amelia. She seemed off today. It's been a few hours since I've seen her. I walked down to the next floor and approached her office. I opened her door and she was looking at her computer.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey," she said quietly.
"What have you been up to?" I asked.
"Uh nothing," she said. Both our pagers went off and I looked at it. It was a 911 to the pit. Amelia didn't get up and I looked at her.
"Amelia are you coming?" I asked.
"I can't," she said.
"Your pager," I said.
"Owen I can't," she said.
"Why not?" I asked.
"Owen I've been drinking," she said.