15

2 months later...
AMELIAS POV
I was back in my room, in Meredith and Derek's house. I was home. I've been home for about a week. I did a lot of grief and dietician counseling. I think it helped a lot. I've realized that I can't hold myself responsible because it'll kill me inside, and holding that guilt will never bring Ryan back, no matter how much I want him back here with me. Owen was bringing dinner over tonight and we were going to eat together and watch TV. It was really nice, him and I. He didn't make me feel crazy. He treated me normally, and he cared. He visited me everyday when I was in the hospital, and I appreciated it. I appreciate Owen. I walked downstairs and the kids were watching TV and Derek was in the kitchen making dinner.
"You want some?" Derek asked.
"Oh no I'm going to eat dinner with Owen," I said.
"Alright," Derek said, "you two are getting along good again."
"Yeah," I said, "I think so."
"He cares about you a lot," Derek said, "you deserve good people in your corner, and he's one of them."
"Yeah," I smiled, "no matter how hard I tried to push him away he did come back."
"Yeah," Derek said, "he's been in dark places too and he gets it, keep him around he's good for you."
"I'm not dating him," I chuckled.
"I know. I meant as a friend," Derek said.
"Yeah," I nodded.
"Also, I sealed your medical record this morning so nobody can find out you were in the hospital," he said.
"Thank you," I said.
"Are you going back to work tomorrow?" He asked.
"Yeah," I said, "I think it's time."
"Me too. I think you're ready," Derek said. The doorbell rang and I knew it was Owen. I walked through the living room and opened the door, and Owen was holding a bag of food.
"Hi," I smiled.
"Hi," he said. We went upstairs and he sat down next to me on my bed.
"You don't care if I eat in your bed?" He asked.
"Just don't spill anything," I chuckled.
"Okay," he said, "what are we watching?"
"Bachelorette," I said.
"Boring," Owen said.
"It's good," I said.
"Fine," Owen said. He handed me food and I smiled.
"Thank you," I said.
"How was your day today," Owen asked.
"Good, how was work?" I asked.
"Good," he said.
"I might come back tomorrow," I said. He smiled and that made me happy.
"That would be good," he said.
"Yeah?" I said.
"Yeah," he said.

OWENS POV
I looked over and Amelia was passed out next to me. She was adorable. I went to get up and I felt her hand grab mine. I laid down next to her and she subconsciously moved into me. I smiled as she put her head on my chest and put her arm over me. I put my arm around her and smiled.
"Amelia?" I said softly. She didn't answer and I chuckled as she was passed out.
-
I opened my eyes and Amelia was still asleep on me. After a few minutes her alarm went off.
"Ugh," she mumbled. I think she realized she was asleep on me and she sat up and looked at me.
"Morning," she said confused.
"Morning," I chuckled.
"I have to get ready for work," she said.
"Okay," I chuckled.
"I'll see you there?" She asked.
"Yeah," I said.
"Okay," she smiled.

AMELIAS POV
I was returning to work today. I don't know how I felt about it. Well, I did feel nervous. I felt out of place. I haven't been here in over two months and I'm afraid my surgery skills might be rusty. I walked into the lobby and grabbed a coffee and went up to my office. I probably won't do surgery today. I don't know. I was so nervous. I feel like I really messed up. I left the career I loved and now I don't know if I can come back as strong as I left. I also couldn't shake the feeling that I wanted to drink so bad.