26

5 months later
AMELIAS POV
"Good morning sleepy head," I chuckled as I leaned over Owen and kissed his cheek.
"Good morning," he said as he opened his eyes.
"Someone decided to sleep in today," I chuckled and pecked his lips.
"How long have you been up?" He asked as he ran his fingers through my hair.
"Only about an hour," I said.
"Are you working today?" He asked.
"No," I said.
"Me either," he said.
"And happy anniversary," I giggled and kissed him.
"Happy anniversary Amelia," he said gently and kissed me, "I love you."
"I love you too," I smiled. Owen and I had been dating for six months and it was going great. We basically live together. We spend a lot of time together at either my apartment or his house, but we haven't formally moved in with one another, but I don't care. I just love being with him, and being in love with him. I got up and Owen grabbed my hand.
"What are we doing today love?" He asked. I blushed at his cute nickname.
"I don't know, what would you like to do?" I asked.
"I made a reservation for 7," he chuckled, "hope you don't have any other plans."
"I don't," I chuckled, "Is this a fancy place?"
"Moderately," he shrugged, "come back to bed."
"Owen," I complained, "I wanna go get coffee."
"Fine," he chuckled and got up with me. I walked into my kitchen and made two cups of coffee.
"Thank you," he said and kissed me.
"You're welcome," I giggled.
"You're so adorable," Owen said.
"So are you," I smiled.
-
I put on a dress and looked in the mirror. I was kinda nervous for our date. Owen and I haven't had sex yet. We talked about it but I told him I wasn't ready yet. I haven't had sex with anyone after Ryan, and quite honestly I'm a little nervous to. I don't know. I just tried to shrug it off and finished curling my hair. I walked out of the bathroom and Owen was sitting on the bed on his phone. He looked up and smiled.
"You look great," he grinned and kissed my cheek.
"So do you," I said. He spun me around and I giggled. I was so in love with him. We walked down the stairs and out to his car. We drove to dinner and we sat outside and it was so pretty. I reached across the table and grabbed his hand.
"I love you," I smiled.
"I love you too," he said and kissed my hand, "I am so glad you are my girlfriend."
"I'm so glad you're my boyfriend," I said.
-
Owen and I's date went really well, as they all do. I think I've found someone I want to spend the rest of my life with. Owen draped his jacket around me as we walked out.
"Did you have a good time?" He asked as he lifted my chin with his finger.
"I did," I smiled as I leaned in to kiss him. He kissed me and I smiled.
"Me too," he said, "do you want to go back to my place?"
"Sure," I giggled. He opened the car door and we both got in. We got back to his house and I kicked my shoes off and took his jacket off. I looked over at my handsome boyfriend and smiled.
"What?" He chuckled.
"Nothing," I felt myself blush.
"Okay," he chuckled.
"I just," I said.
"You what?" He asked as he moved closer to me.
"I think I'm ready," I smiled as I leaned in and kissed him. He smiled as he wrapped his arms around my waist. We started making out and I felt him start to unzip my dress.
"Are you sure it's okay?" He asked.
"It's okay," I nodded.
"Tell me if you want me to stop," he said.
"Okay," I said. He picked me up and we went upstairs into his bed. I looked at him and he kissed my forehead. I unbuttoned his shirt and I instantly got nervous. I haven't had sex in nearly two years.
"You okay?" Owen asked as he pushed hair behind my ear.
"Yeah," I said, "yeah I'm fine."
"Tell me what it is," Owen said gently, "we can stop."
"I'm just nervous," I said embarrassed.
"It's nothing to be embarrassed of," he said.
"I know, but I haven't had sex in a while," I admitted.
"It's okay to be nervous," Owen said before kissing me, "we can take things slow and we can stop if you want okay?"
"Okay," I nodded.
"Okay," he said.
"I love you," I said.
"I love you too," he said.