Chapter 5: Losers Gear Up!

"I refuse." Lynn says with a serious look on her face.

What..?

Ivan stares at her, looking like something just broke inside of him.

"I'm sorry...I like you too, Ivan. And I won't deny that there was something between us, but...This is weird for me...We're in a parallel world, everything is confusing...I just can't be thinking about such things right now..."

"I...I see..." Ivan looks down, trying to hide his obvious disappointment and sadness.

"Please don't let this bother you, we're still together in this mess. We have Gabriel as well, so let's try and get along." Lynn tilts her head with a smile, trying to lighten the mood.

"Right..." Ivan nods.

With a sigh he looks up and returns a weak smile "Sorry for making you feel uncomfortable. See you tomorrow!.."

Lynn answers with a nod, before awkwardly looking away.

Without saying anything else, Ivan leaves the room, heading for his own.

After entering it, he clenches his teeth, and with a swift turn he slams his fist into the wall behind him.

Damn it! I thought we had something special! We get this chance to have a cheesy isekai romance and she refuses me at the beginning of the story! Maybe I shouldn't have asked this soon??

Ivan drops on his bed.

I mean I am confused too but it's not like we met yesterday...Also I'm a catch! Who would refuse me??

Ivan was turning and rolling in his bed like crazy, thinking about what happened. He then stops all of a sudden, just silently laying on his back and looking at the ceiling.

A single tear flows down his right cheek.

"Damn it.." He chuckles. "Even here life is unfair, I'm still a loser..."

Ivan laid there for a while, just watching the ceiling.

"...No!" Ivan jumps up. "This is just the passing sadness of a hurtful rejection! This is still a fantasy world! I will just have to take route number two: Become the strongest hero around and build myself a harem!!" He shouts.

"Nothing can stop me, the sky is the limit!!!" Ivan raises his hand, as if reaching for the sky.

At that moment, his door gets slammed open by Kyla who was wearing a blue nightgown. Her hair was a mess and the look on her face was unlike anything Ivan ever saw before.

"Do you want to sleep outside?!" She threatens.

"N-no ma'am I-" Ivan whimpers.

"Then shut the hell up!!" She slams the door shut.

"Thank you, Kyla." Gabriels muffled voice is heard from another room.

Guess I'll just stick to my inner monologue for now...
.
.
.

The sound of birds chirping and roosters announcing the start of a new day are the first things Ivan hears as he rolls around in his bed. Sunlight sneaks through the holes in the drapes, landing on Ivans still closed eyes. He frowns while covering his head with a pillow.

A while after, someone knocks on the door.

"It's saturday grandma." Ivan shouts, his voice being muffled by the pillow.

The knocks continue, slowly becoming louder and faster. The only response Ivan gives is loud groaning.

The door opens. "Come on, didn't we plan on waking up early today and getting some gear and proper clothes?" Lynn crosses her arms.