Chapter 11: Losers and the Injury!

Wh..

Where am I..?

My vision's all blurry..and what's this noise?

Ivan, who was on his knees dizzily looked around himself. He saw a blurry figure with pink hair screaming something he couldn't understand. Feeling a piercing pain in his left shoulder, he slowly regains his senses. He looks at the ground below him, clumsily grabbing his swords, still panting in shock.

Looking up, Ivan notices cheering and laughing goblins, most of them seemingly just mocking Ivan. One of the small monsters approaches him, tightly holding its knife.

"Ivan!!!" Lynn shouts yet again before turning to him, preparing to shoot the goblin who approached.

Realizing he's just moments from having his throat sliced by a goblin, Ivan uses the remainder of his strenght to push himself off the ground. With one clumsy spin, Ivan slices the chest of the monster in front of him which fearfully jumped back at Ivans sudden movement, preventing a lethal cut.

It screams in agony before finally getting silenced for good by Ivans blade which he embedded into its chest.

Leaving the sword in the goblins flesh, he then grabs the small spear that was in his left shoulder. With a loud groan, he pulls it out, seeing that only a small part of the spearhead actually went in. He turns to the tree the spear came from and throws it at the original owner with a frightening force.

The goblin on the tree who was laughing and dancing with joy goes silent as the spear passes right next to him, sniping another goblin off the tree.

The remaining spearmen on the tree then start screaming in either fear or anger as they start throwing their spears at Ivan. This time around, Ivan dodges all of them with a few jumps.

Lynn, being best suited for taking on long range enemies, quickly turns her attention to the spearmen and starts sniping them off the tree. Without air support, the few remaining goblins start panicing and running away.

"COME BACK 'ERE YOU FILTHY COWARDS." Goldegar starts running after them.

Realizing he can't catch them, he gives up on running after. Then, feeling a sudden surge of anger, he throws his massive blade at the slowest goblin. "GYAH!"

It does several spins in the air before reaching the goblin. The monster lets out a tiny squeak before getting smushed by the giant blade.

Ivan sighs before dropping to the ground.

"Ivan!" Lynn shouts before rushing to him, kneeling down.

Ivan sits up. "Relax, I just wanted to sit down.." Ivan looks away, trying to seem unbothered by his injury.

"Don't you act all cool now you dumbass! That spear could've killed you!" Lynn seems furious as she starts searching her bag.

Goldegar, who went to pick his weapon up, walks up to them. "This was a frightningly large group of goblins...At this time of the day in this part of the forest...This isn't right..."

"Gee, wonder what could've attracted them, the earpiercing shouting or the fact that the man who killed thousands of their kind was just walking around in their territory??" Lynn looks up at Goldegar with an angry expression.

Goldegar looks down.

"Lynn, it's fine.." Says Ivan.

"No, it's not." Lynn interrupts Ivan. "We've even been in these parts of the forest a few times before and we've never encountered 50 goblins!"

"You are right. My reckless behavior has endangered you and led to the injury of sir Ivan, and I am truly ashamed." Goldegar looks down. "When we return to Lyugo, I shall give up my position as guard captain."