Ch. 15: Losers and the Melons!

.
.
.

"...Fireball!!"

Gabriel screams at the top of his lungs. A bright red spell circle forms at the palm of his hand which he aims at his vine-covered lower body.

A concentrated ball of fire shoots out of the circle, flying into the spot Gabriel aimed at. The small ball bursts as soon as it meets the green mass, leaving only burned and severed pieces of plant behind.

As soon as Gabriel sees his feet, he begins to struggle further. As his spell damaged the whole concentration of vines that held him down, Gabriel easily rips apart the remaining vines that still covered his body.

Now completely free, Gabriel looks around for his party members. He notices a large amount of vines piling up near the spot where Lynn was just moments ago.

"Lynn!!" Gabriel shouts in terror before raising his hand again.

"Fireball!!" He shouts, sending several flaming balls into the pile. They burst on impact, chipping away the rough vines that covered Lynn.

After four consecutive fireballs, Lynn was finally visible under all of the torn and burned weeds. She quickly sits up, desperately gasping for air.

"Ga...Gabriel...?" She utters, still panting.

"G-get up, Lynn! There's no time!!" Gabriel orders.

Lynns expression of fear and shock quickly fades as she notices more vines slithering her way. She quickly grabs the dagger that lied next to her before jumping to her feet.

As the plants approach, she does several flips and spins, dodging all of the vines while simultaneously taking a bottle of plant poison out of her bag.

She lands on her feet and hastily pops the cap of the bottle, drizzling the purple liquid over her dagger. Now covered in poison again, she uses the blade to retaliate against the vines.

Gabriel nods in satisfaction after seeing his comrade return to her senses and fight back. He then remembers his other ally, quickly turning to him.

"Ivan--" Gabriel abruptly stops as he is left speechless. He finds Ivan in front of Planties head, bowing and praying to the giant watermelon.

"Oh, Lady Planty! I have nothing to offer but my body and soul. Please, take me as your humble servant, or at the very least as a sacrifice to your greatness!" Says Ivan while bowing.

"Ivan-- What the hell are you saying??" Gabriel shouts in confusion.

"It's the toxin from Planty." Barny joins the conversation, grinning like an idiot.

"It doesn't really kill you but it clouds your judgement and makes you feel a strong affection and loyalty towards Planty." Barny explains.

"What??" Gabriel turns to Barny. "How does that even work!?" He shouts as he dodges a vine that attacked him.

"I wouldn't know. The ways of my Planty are quite mysterious indeed ehehehe~..." Barny giggles. "You know, I'm starting to think I've received some of that myself..."

Gabriel stares at Banry, speechless.

"Ivan! Snap out of it! Just stab the damn melon already!" Lynn demands while struggling against countless vines.

"Stab her? But Lynn, that would hurt Planty..." Ivan responds with a sad expression.

"Do it or I'll come over there and kick your drugged ass!!" Lynn threatens.

"That's not very nice..." Ivan pouts. He then turns to Planty again, resuming his worship.

Lynn frowns.