Kiss Me at Midnight

It was the morning of New Years Eve and Naruto and Sasuke were working. The blonde had been subtly trying to flirt with Sasuke. He wanted to see how long, if ever, the raven would notice. He wasn't trying to push the other teen away by coming on too strong so he tried to keep it subtle. Naruto just wanted to see if Sasuke would react and what kind of reaction it would be.

Sasuke was leaning up against the counter. He was bored because they'd only had six customers since the morning rush was over. He had realized that Naruto was flirting with him; he just chose to ignore it until he couldn't anymore. "Are you attempting to flirt with me?" Sasuke finally asked, cutting off the blonde's poor attempt at flirting as he looked at him for an answer.

Naruto just gave what seemed to be a mix of a smile and a smirk. He walked over to the dark haired teen, as he stood sideways while using one hand to lean on the counter. They were standing close, but neither of them made an effort to move. "So what if I am?" he asked. "Does it bother you?"

Sasuke blushed a little at the blonde's actions and words. He hadn't expected Naruto to admit it. Before Sasuke could answer, the door of the coffee shop opened and he quickly moved away from the blonde.

Naruto just sighed and walked over to the cash register. He wanted Sasuke to answer his question, but it didn't look like he was going to get one, the moment was over. He knew that the other boy would just change the subject or not talk at all once the customer left. The blonde was ready to push the customer out and flip the sign to closed until he got an answer, but he knew he couldn't do that. Not only would he probably get fired, it'd also make Sasuke uncomfortable. He needed to at least try to control himself and let them move at Sasuke's pace, if he even liked him. The fact that Sasuke didn't immediately say no gave him some hope.

The customer was a dark haired girl who she started to flirt with the blonde. Sasuke just rolled his eyes as he made her drink. He didn't want to seem jealous, but he kind of was. It made him annoyed that he got jealous of someone flirting with the blonde, especially a girl considering he knew that Naruto was gay. What made him even more annoyed was that the blonde was just encouraging her by flirting back.

Once her drink was done, Sasuke put it on the counter for her. When she went to grab it, Sasuke couldn't help but glare at her as he leaned against the opposite counter. She just looked at him and quickly left, a little scared of Sasuke's glare. "Why do you encourage them?" Sasuke asked and it was obvious that he was annoyed.

"I don't know," Naruto shrugged, loving how jealous the raven was getting. "It's good for business, you know?"

"Yeah, whatever," Sasuke mumbled. The bell above the door chimed again, "I got this one." He walked up to the counter to help the customer. The man was an attractive blonde, fitting what he knew was Sasuke's type.

Naruto grinned, ignoring the fact that the customer was attractive. He knew that Sasuke was only taking the order because didn't want to listen to him flirt with another customer. His smile fell when he heard the conversation. The man at the counter was about as subtle as a freight train, flirting with Sasuke as he checked him out. Sasuke didn't look at Naruto as he set the cup down for Naruto to make the drink. Instead, the dark haired teen flirted back, knowing exactly what he was doing.

"See you around," the customer winked at Sasuke as he walked out. Sasuke just smirked as he looked at Naruto's reaction.

"What's wrong?" he asked innocently. He knew exactly what was wrong and it was probably petty of him to try to make the blonde jealous, but his reaction felt good. He was just happy that the customer happened to be an attractive man that was clearly interested in him. He wasn't sure that he could have flirted with a woman.