Roommate

Naruto was excited as he made his way to collect his room key. He had to stand in a short line, as all the tables that were set up for the purpose of greeting and handing out keys were currently helping other students. As he stood in line, he thought about what kind of roommate he wanted. He hoped he might be a friend he had made from basketball in high school or maybe one of the people that weren't from the surrounding school districts so that he wouldn't know him at all and could just have a fresh start with someone. The University was small and made up mostly of students of the surrounding areas. Generally the only people from out of town were those that traveled for the Uchiha funded business school.

Naruto hated the Uchihas; more specifically he hated Sasuke Uchiha. He knew that Sasuke's parents had died because everyone talked about the young Uchiha. Regardless, Naruto felt that Sasuke had everything Naruto ever wanted, yet Sasuke didn't seem to care about any of it. The dark haired teen had flawless skin, the perfect body, smoldering eyes, and everybody loved him. For the most part it seemed like people loved him more for his looks and his last name than his personality, but to Naruto it didn't matter why they loved him. Sasuke still got the attention and recognition Naruto always wanted but never received no matter how hard he tried. If there was one person Naruto didn't want as a roommate, it was Sasuke.

"Next," the lady at the table called. Naruto made his way to the table and she looked at him with annoyance. "Name," she demanded as she looked at him.

"Naruto Uzumaki," he smiled as he answered. He could tell that she didn't care for his enthusiasm as she got his key. After practically throwing the key at him, she glared at him until he walked away. For being a greeter she wasn't very welcoming and he couldn't help but think, 'Well somebody hates her job.' Naruto wanted to say it out loud but thought it would be better if he didn't even though he knew that telling off a greeter wouldn't get him in trouble in college. He then read the card with his room number on it: 331 Konoha Hall. He smiled to himself and made his way toward the dorms.

As he walked, he thought more about his roommate. He knew he didn't want Sasuke, but he still hoped for somebody hot. After his failed date with his friend Sakura a few years back he confirmed his own suspicion that he might be gay. His friends were okay with it since he wasn't attracted to any of them and he rarely talked about it. As he thought about it further he realized that being attracted to his roommate might make things awkward. He sighed and decided to stop thinking about it as he walked the rest of the way toward Konoha Hall.

NS

Sasuke Uchiha got to his dorm room early. He figured that he'd arrive before his roommate and he was right. He quickly unpacked his things, finding a place for everything on his side of the room. He picked the side by the window, because windows always provided more light. He quickly found a place that wasn't very noticeable to plug in his nightlight, figuring that if he were asked about it he could just make something up or glare at them to shut them up. He'd found that glaring to often be an effective way to shut people up and make it known he did not want to be friends.

He hadn't really thought about who his roommate might be. He had heard his friends Suigetsu and Juugo talking about roommates long before school started but he just ignored the conversation. He figured he'd just see whom he was stuck with when the time came. There was only one person that Sasuke hoped it wouldn't be and that was Naruto Uzumaki. For some reason the guy hated him. Sasuke was just quiet and kept to himself, but Naruto was always picking fights with him. Sasuke and Naruto had fought for as long as he could remember yet he had no idea why they really fought.

Sasuke decided that he didn't want to think about who his roommate would be. Instead he wanted to take a shower and relax a little before his roommate arrived. He grabbed his towel and bathroom supplies that he'd brought from home and walked into the bathroom. The bathroom joined their room to another room but he was just grateful that it wasn't a community bathroom shared by most of the floor. It only had enough space for a toilet, shower/bathtub combo, as well as a few sinks and a mirror. After shutting the door to the bathroom and locking the doors to each of the rooms, he undressed and got in the shower.