Goal

"Emissary?" Vin asked in confusion.

"What?" The two armored people with three stars both exclaimed in surprise.

"What what?" Vin looked at the two people before him.

"What what what?" The two bellowed at Vin, at the same time.

"..." Vin.

"Shut up you two!" Two voices shouted to stop the bickering two, and once again, two people joined the fray.

One of them is a lady, her long black hair stretches down to her waist, a voloptuous body, long slender legs, and a lithe aura that is carefree and joyful. The other one is a man has a white hair, and is a bit messy but accentuated his fierce face, tall and a bit muscular, but the muscles are toned down to give off a powerful and furious aura.

"Emissary of Light Ulysses welcomes Apostle Shawn!"

"Emissary of Darkness Ultear welcomes Apostle Cynthia."

Two armored corps: one from the white-armored ones and one from the black-armored ones bowed towards the two people who appeared. The two walked down towards each faction and calmed down the clamor of each group.

"It's been a while, Cynthia." Shawn said with a deep crease on his forehead, clearly confused on what was happening around; yet instead, he still chose to stick out his arm towards the other party.

"It's b-been a w-while?" Cynthia's lips were twitching from the incredulity of the man in front of her. Confusion is also written around her face.

An eerie but awkward silence permeated in the air and it took almost a minute before someone broke the ice.

"So... uhm... can you please move beside 'cause im in the midst of saving someone?" The young man who spoke is, audaciously, Kevin Johansen Grand.

The two Apostles looked at each other and chuckled a little. They then turned their heads towards Vin, smiled a little.

"You were chosen." Shawn said.

"Chosen?" Vin asked.

"Yes, you are the successor of the Light God and Dark God Armament." Cynthia spoke.

"God Armament?" Vin spoke in confusion.

"Yes, God's Armament. There are thirty-two of them in total, with the additional two that are in form of swords." Shawn said calmly.

"The fact that you can handle the two swords at once means that you are truly capable, but I am afraid that it will be troublesome in the future."

"Those swords are exact opposite, but they coexist with each other in harmony. One cuts extreme evil, and one exterminates shallow goodness."

"But, the setback is extremely awful. If you always exterminated shallow goodness, you will be plunged into darkness, while if you always cut the extreme evil, you will become an absolute perfectionist that will slash on anyone however small their mistakes are."

"But of course, there are still ways to circumvent those outcomes. First is to acknowledge only one blade and releasd the other. It is the fastest and easiest way to avoid the outcome. The second one is to let one of the sword devour the other; they will accumulate each other's power, but, you will be bound by the contract that after you reached your goal, your soul will be eaten by the Armament. The third, which is the hardest and longest, to complete the trials of the Sages."

"Wait. Did you just said that these swords are God's Armaments?" Vin asked.

"Yes, I am talking about them." Shawn answered.