Final Day

Inside the Vacuum Palace

It is so clean that no traces can be seen. Twenty-four people divided into six rows and four columns are in front of an almost eighteen year old boy with a gray hair.

Their sights were all locked at him, and they are respectful towards him. They know that they won't be as good as now if they did not undergo training.

The training they did was rigorous, and every cell of them now is filled with power. It is a bit exaggerated, but it is true.

Power is not free in this world.

It is gained.

Some people will try to buy it, or say flowery words to catch attention.

And they use power without respect.

Power must not be misused. It is for the welfare of all people.

And they know of it. They know that power is not something they can use just to have fun.

"This is the final test. You have to use your cores to produce a energy inside this sphere." Vin declared.

It is a bit impossible, but they know it is a part of their training, so they did not refute it.

This is challenging, yet very fun to do. Creating something from nothing.

From those words, everyone then sat down and tried to produce energy and use it.

The idea of Vacuum Palace is to thin out the energies, and erase its existence to be made into a spherical form that traps other energies in it.

In short, the inside of the sphere of Vacuum Palace is without a hint of mana, nor aether nor hex. It is a surrounding without magic at all.

The energies are like poles of a magnet. The Vacuum Palace has a way of draining the energy to be used and make it stay. It is a self sufficient power that it can sustain itself as long as no energy inside is detected.

Why?

The outer covering of the sphere is energy. It repulses the energies that are from outside.

Energies have the tails, or the excess energy they have. They release it, but it does not have properties of magic because the magic is already used by ejecting them out.

By doing so, it means that the energies are facing outwards.

Energies tend to fill up spaces. If there is a space without energy, they will fill it so it creates harmony.

So they are going head first towards the barrier, which in turn, the barrier turns them away because same poles repulses.

If by any chance, an energy is made inside, the tails of the energy strands will be attracted to it, making the whole barrier fall down, filling up the space with energy.

It is the only way to weaken the barrier and put it down, because outside force is not gonna make it. It is a prison to be exact, and can be used to also protect.

Vin walked away from the people who were trying to take down the barrier. He is not the one who erected it, but he knows how intricate this barrier is.

"System, may I copy this ability?" Vin asked.

[No.]

System answered.

"Huh? Why no?" Vin asked with a chuckle. He put his hand on the barrier and said...

                   ----"Copy."

Nothing happened.

He did it again, now with his other hand.

"Copy."