Reminiscence

"It is not, for sure." Vin answered.

"It is, for us." Chad sat down, Vin's hand is still in his chest.

Vin wanted to tell him that he will be inside his Plane, but he doesn't want to ruin the mood. In turn, he also sat down, retracted his hand, and listened.

"This place was built to protect us, that is our privilege. It gave us home, environment, and shelter. It also has food and other necessities."

A strange rumbling happened, and some of the rocks began to crumble. The ground shook, and dust fell from the sky.

"But we also has the mission to protect it. Rights has its associated responsibility. We live, we protect where we live, but this place, made us lonely."

"This place grant us immortality. We cannot die, unless our cores are damaged, but our cores are inside our bodies. We train alone, tread paths alone, and live alone, in case that something happens, we are not wiped out."

"This is the first time that we've lost. Im the days of our conquest in the universe, no one was willing to face us, nor shame us."

"Remembering those days, it felt good and fun. It was remarkable. People praised us, worshipped us, and became someone that id important in their hearts."

"Until the Shadow Monarch gave us the command, to enter the labyrinth, and defeat what's inside. We thought we are strong enough to handle it."

"I remember also, there was this girl, named Laura. Sweet, cheerful, and caring, though she always hits me while laughing or when she feels embarrassed. She's so cute like that."

Chad coughed twice, and blood seeped through his mouth, but he didn't stop talking.

"She was sick. Her body is frail, but she is a very good mage. She can insta-cast, quadruple-cast and no chant incantation. All of it, at once."

"She is the strongest amongst us, but weakest in terms of body composition. That day, she was in bed, and all of us came in her house before we went to the labyrinth."

"I said we will comeback. She said, that if we are in a pinch, just call her name and she will arrive inside the labyrinth as fast as possible. We all laughed and hugged her before getting inside the labyrinth."

"I said we will give her a trophy, the treasure we will get in the labyrinth, but we lost."

"We can't even say a proper goodbye to her. Weeks and months, we will feel her presence outside the mouth of the labyrinth, until one day, we felt that she didn't left the entrance."

"I thought it was odd, so I started calling her name. I know it can't be heard outside, and our bodies were experimented, so we stayed here inside, as guardians."

"She said she will come, when we need her. I thought it is about time that we need her. To free us, to be with our arms again, but no one answered."

"Months and months passed, her presence is still in the mouth of the labyrinth."

All of a sudden, sudden sobbing can be heard in Vin's plane, including Avalon.

Licht decided to come forward and hug Chad from the back. Vin just watched them.

"She didn't die inside the labyrinth."

"There was this one time that a group of soldiers wanted to clear the labyrinth up, and decided to rest in some parts of Saeri's place."

"Someone asked someone who is Laura Grindelval, and one answered that she is the kid who died of body failure. They also said that Laura's family decided to bury her in the mouth of the labyrinth."