Mission

"A kid?" The man in the helm of the three people said.

He is an old man, with a monocle. He has facial hair that is silver in color, and he has an arrogant air around him. On his right is a girl, about twenty-three of age, and on left, is a man who has a great sword hung on his back.

Vin then looked at the people before him. They were basically outnumbered. If a fight broke out, it is a given that his two companions, who are out of mana, die before his eyes.

"I've got enough trauma for today." Vin sighed to himself.

In a blink of an eye, his two companions vanished, not a trace of them was seen. No mana fluctuations, no signatures, and even the mana balls Yano procured, disappeared. Just a boy alone, in face of seven monsters.

"Sharp kid." When the man said that, four more figures were sent out of a shadow. They were all wearing hoods and masks, so their facial features are unknown. They all held daggers on their hands, and their eyes are filled with bloodlust, like true assassins.

"Is your vocabulary that poor that you have to say kid twice?" Vin purred. He then grinned and looked at the man.

"A kid will be a kid. Vocabulary does not matter. Do not worry, after this day, you would not even hear a word from me." The man smirked.

"That sounds fun!" Vin laughed off. He then pulled the two daggers he have. One of them is white, and the other is black. He then positioned himself as if he is about to launch himself towards the enemies.

The man then snapped his fingers and the four assassins jumped in synch. They came from four directions, and all of them are working with each other.

One of the assassins aimed for Vin's head. He then dodged it to the side, but a slash was coming down from that angle. He then spun himself to avoid the slash and parried the other blade, but another assassin thrusted his dagger towards the back of Vin. Vin then gripped his other hand and hacked it down towards the blade.

The attacks did not stop there. The other one then slid in the ground and vanished, but the vanishing this time is not like how Yano and Zeke. The other three vanished too, and the four who dealt with Yano and Zeke earlier joined the fray.

A whip came rushing over, and Vin did not even have time to react. A large gash was seen on his chest, and a blood trickled down from it. While he was being sent away, a huge bear suddenly leapt up and went to the place he was sent.

Vin was still on the air, but his eyes are all over the place. He then cramped his fist, and then he gathered mana in it. He punched the air and his direction changed.

[Mana Propulsion Skill Unlocked]

[Store mana in a certain point, and release it to have a boost in speed. Can be used to change directions and come to an abrupt stop.]

[You have unlocked a Junction.]

[Routes have been opened.]

[Core Node Activated.]

When the series of notifications sounded, a muffled sound was heard. After that sound...

-Is carnage.

----------------------------

"I am here again?" Vin said.

"That was too soon. But anyways, you are here." Avalon also said.

"Wait, am I in danger?" Vin asked.

"Relax. You are far from it." Avalon then said.

"You unlocked the Core Node. This is the place where all the other nodes connect to each other. Nice going. Good grief, I thought I will wait for more days. Anyways, after you come out, do not go fighting others. Or something bad might happen. Got it?" Avalon continued his monologue.