big time first date

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

THE LONG AWAITED day had finally arrived.

Ella was going on a date with Kendall.

After two years of unrequited feelings and mixed signals, the girl finally admitted her crush on her best friend and surprisingly, it worked out in her favor because he admitted them too, but after a mini fight they had which was quickly resolved thanks to the power of Rocktoberfest and a change of song.

After Ella basically screamed out her feelings for Kendall in the Palm Woods lobby, he tried to rack his brain around it. His realization came swiftly and unexpected after talking with his other three best friends who berated him for not figuring it out earlier.

The only thing that was in their way was Jo.

Jo had took it fairly well for some girl to go and steal her boyfriend. That's how good-natured of a person she was. She knew the spark between her and Kendall was over and to be honest, it didn't feel right. She wasn't all that surprised when Kendall came knocking on her door, admitting his feelings for another girl, while apologizing profusely. In fact, Jo understood. Her career was starting to take off, life was getting hectic for her, and she just didn't have time for a boyfriend anymore. It was just never a perfect match, but Jo didn't dwell on it too much. She was just happy for her friend. If her ex-boyfriend was going to date someone else, she was glad it was Ella.

After a long conversation between the two girls, they agreed to not let this ruin their friendship. It was worth so much more than fighting over a guy, so everything was settled.

A couple days later, Kendall and Ella were finally going out on their first official date.

And the girl was nervous.

Sure, she's had boyfriends before and has been on dates, so why would it be so different with Kendall?

The two hung out alone countless times.

Yet, this time seemed more nerve-racking.

She had asked the boy what the details were for tonight, but he refused to tell her because it was a "surprise."

Leave it to Kendall to be such a hopeless romantic about this type of stuff.

However, he did tell her to wear something casual.

But that still confused Ella because she had no idea what he meant by that.

Casual was such a universal term when it came to wardrobe. She didn't know if it meant dressy casual as in wear a simple dress or everyday casual, in which for Ella it meant, wearing her signature baggy jeans and a random top from the bottom of her closet.

After an hour of doing her makeup and contemplating on what she should wear, she rolled her eyes and settled on an outfit that wasn't too extravagant, but was appropriate for almost anything Kendall could possibly plan.

Ella took out a black tank top with ruffles aligned on the neckline and her usual pair of blue jeans. She finished the look with white sneakers and left her blonde hair down in light waves.

She walked out of her room and into the living room to see Kendall already there, waiting for her with a bouquet of flowers in hand.

"Sunflowers and roses, my favorite." Ella gushed, looking at the pretty combination.

"I know." Kendall hummed, giving her the flowers. "You look nice, El."

"You too, Kendork." Ella teased, seeing him dressed in a blue button up flannel shirt and black jeans. "And yeah, I did pretty well, considering you didn't tell me where we were going," she added with a huff as she placed the flowers on the dining room table.