Chapter 44

During the flight, the others told about what was going on after the event of the Civil War, with them on the run from the government, while also protecting people around the world wherever they were before running off. This made Goku and Wanda smile, happy that despite being hunted down, they're still Avengers, no matter what.

Next, it was their turn. They explained what happened when they arrived at Asgard and the fight with Hela in brief summary, before going into what being Goku is and them meeting three members of his species one being his biological brother.

The Avengers are shocked to hear that. It wasn't a surprise to them that Goku was an alien, after the DNA test, but what kind of race he came from was the real shocker. They're glad Goku grew up to who he is now, rather than a monster like the other Saiyans.

Soon, the Quinjet arrives at the Compound, while Rhodey deals with the red tape in the holographic person of Secretary of State Thaddeus Ross. They got out as Goku calls for Fenris. At first, Fenris growls at them, before Goku calmed her down, telling her they're his family.

They then entered the complex as a hologram of Ross is seen arguing with Rhodey about Vision, as Rhodey admits the Accords were a mistake.

Ross: I remember your signature on those papers, Colonel.

Rhodey: *Sounding a little bitter* That's right. And I'm pretty sure I've paid for that.

He stares at him as we see a glimpse of the braces on his legs.

Ross: You have second thoughts?

Rhodey: Not anymore.

They turn to see the Avengers entering the room, with Vision being supported by Sam. Rhodey was surprised to see Goku and Wanda back from Asgard but was shocked to see how much Goku has grown.

Steve: Mr. Secretary.

Ross: You got some nerve. I'll give you that.

Natasha: You could use some of that right now.

Goku smirks at the jab by his mother figure. Something inside him is telling him to find Ross and rip him apart for having his family be hunted down as criminals. But he took a deep breath, calming his nerves.

Ross: The world's on fire. And you think, all is forgiven?

Steve: I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight. *step forward, looking right at Ross* And if you wanna stand in our way... we'll fight you, too.

Ross stares at him carefully in silence, before turning around to look at Rhodey.

Ross: Arrest them.

Rhodey: All over it. *Swipes off hologram; the computer beeps twice* That's a court-martial. It's great to see you, Cap.

Everyone begins hugging Rhodey as he later looks at Goku.

Rhodey: How the hell did you manage to grow this big, man?

Goku: Can you believe it if I told ya I'm an alien?

Rhodey: I wouldn't be surprised.

They chuckled as they hug each other. After they break the hug, Goku looks at the braces on his legs.

Goku: Is this from the fall years ago?

Rhodey: Yeah.

Goku opens his Senzu bag and pulls out a beam. He passes it to Rhodey.

Goku: Here. This should do the trick.

Rhodey nods as he puts it in his mouth and starts eating it. After he swallowed it, he feels his body feeling better than before. His spine was healed and his legs can move like normal.