Chapter 6

A year has passed since Steve first met and adopted Goku and the other Avengers got to keep his secret. He learned a a couple of new skills from Steve, Natasha and Clint, and has gained a friendship with Tony and Bruce. He has yet to meet Thor, but that will come another time.

One day, as the sun was about to rise, a man was having his morning run, going to his own pace. When he goes to a turn however, Steve Rogers passes by him saying.

Steve: On your left.

He rubs away as the man continues at his own pace. After a while, a kid passes by him, even quicker than Steve, saying.

Goku: On your left.

Sam: What the hell?

Goku runs off, even quicker than Steve. Sam continues jogging, until he felt something coming. He quickly turns to see Goku and Steve coming at him.

Sam: Don't say it! Don't you two say it!

Both: On your left!

Sam: Come on!

He tries to catch up, but for only a few seconds, with Goku a bit farther away from his dad. Later, he rests against a tree, trying to catch his breath. Soon, Steve and Goku walk over to him.

Steve: Need a medic?

Sam looks up at them and laughs.

Sam: I need a new set of lungs. Dude, you just ran like 13 miles in 30 minutes.

Steve: Well, this little guy *pats Goku's head* went on in more miles than me.

Sam: Really? Damn.

He got a good view of Goku, and was obviously stunned by his muscular body.

Goku: And to be honest, that wasn't my normal speed. I had weights in my shirt, wristbands, and shoes.

Sam: Damn. How much?

Goku: About ten kilos.

Sam: Ten kilos?!

Goku: Yep. What's your name? Sorry we didn't ask.

Sam: Sam Wilson.

Steve gives him a hand to raise him up.

Steve: Steve Rogers. This is Goku, my son.

Sam: I kind of put that together. Must have freaked you out coming home after the whole defrosting thing.

Steve: It takes some getting used to.

Sam: So, how did he became your son?

Goku: Last year, he found in the middle of nowhere. And took me in. Weeks later, he adopted me, and we've been together ever since.

Sam: That's very noble of you to do that, Steve.

Steve: Thanks. Good to meet you, Sam.

They were about to leave.

Sam: It's your bed, right?

Steve turns around.

Steve: What's that?

Sam: Your bed, it's too soft. When I was over there I'd sleep on the ground and use rock for pillows, like a caveman. Now I'm home, lying in my bed, and it's like...

Steve: Lying on a marshmallow. Feel like I'm gonna sink right to the floor.

Sam nods at him.

Steve: How long?

Sam: Two tours. You must miss the good old days, huh?