Chapter 8

Once they arrived at the secret facility, Maria and Goku led the others to a room.

Steve: What are we doing here?

Goku: You'll see.

Soon, Nick Fury appears through the shadows, surprising both Steve and Natasha.

Nick: Why are you two looking at me like that? You look like you've seen a ghost.

Steve: How?

Nick: I had several injuries the day before. Lacerated spinal column, cracked sternum, shattered collarbone, perforated liver, one hell of a headache.

Doctor: Don't forget your collapsed lung.

Nick: Oh, let's not forget that. That's when you're son here saved all the trouble with those Magical Beans, whatever.

They turned to Goku who just shrugs.

Goku: He was hurt so I had to do it so he can be heal.

They turned back to Fury.

Natasha: They cut you open, your heart stopped.

Fury: Tetrodotoxin B. Slows the pulse to one beat a minute. Banner developed it for stress. Didn't work so great for him, but we found a use for it.

Steve: Why all the secrecy? Why not just tell us?

Maria: Any attempt on the director's life had to look successful.

Nick: Can't kill you if you're already dead. Besides, I wasn't sure who to trust.

Natasha: And what about all the evidence about Goku? SHIELD could figure out-

Maria: They were all erased from the data banks. No trace can be found.

Nick: You should've seen the look on my face when I found out we were looking for a little kid. I erased any info regarding Goku so he'll be safe.

Natasha and Steve were surprised and relieved that no one will figure out about Goku, putting him even more safer than before. Sam noticed something on Goku's face.

Sam: What happened to your cuts and scratches, buddy?

They turned to realized he doesn't have any scratches in his face.

Maria: What, you mean he fought the WS?

Steve: Yeah. He fought Bucky. And from what I saw he can take him on.

Natasha: But that didn't mean he didn't leave without any cuts, but they were there.

Goku: To be honest, I don't know. All I know is that they were healed without me knowing, yet I'm not sure how. Besides, I had worse injuries before that the cuts. They were merely paper cuts.

*later*

They all sat in the room as Fury views a picture of Alexander Pierce.

Nick: This man declined the Nobel Peace Prize. He said, "Peace wasn't an achievement, it was a responsibility." See, it's stuff like this that gives me trust issues.

Natasha: We have to stop the launch.

Fury: I don't think the Council's accepting my calls anymore.

Fury opens a case containing three chips.

Sam: What's that?

Hill: Once the Helicarriers reach three thousand feet, they'll triangulate with Insight satellites becoming fully weaponized.