1x4-Co-Captain

"Rachel, when you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping... a five-mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting." Lydia said to me as we were both following Allison. "Well, that was not I was expecting either. But, hey Lydia. Before I forget, I wanted to ask if you're okay with something..." I said but got interrupted by Allison. "Jackson invited Rachel to the winter formal." Allison said. She knew it because I talked to her before we met with Lydia and she reprimanded me for not telling her Lydia and Scott kissed so she was probably getting revenge on both of us. Lydia for kissing her boyfriend, me for not telling her. 

"Did he?" Lydia asked to me. "Uh-huh. Just as friends. But, I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it, first." I asked, I was totally NOT OKAY with going to winter formal with her ex boyfriend and I wanted her to say don't go so bad. "Sure. As long as it's just friends."

"Well, yeah. I mean, it's not like she would take him to the coach's office during lacrosse practice to make out with him and I would keep it from you or anything." Allison said, Lydia and I both spoke at the same time. "Uh, about that..." Allison didn't give Lydia a chance to explain, she just walked faster than both of us. "Um... So you're going to winter formal with Jackson..." Lydia spoke uncomfortably. "Yeah, but if you don't want me to I'll speak with him immediately. I rejected at first because you're my friend and this is the last thing I want but he didn't stop asking until I say yes so... I had to accept."

"No, it's okay. I appreciate that you asked my opinion." Lydia said and we decided to stay quiet until Allison stopped and took out a 'crossbow' from the bag she was carrying. "What does that do?" Lydia asked to Allison, oh here we go again, we have a new hunter. "We're about to find out..." She said and grabbed her crossbow, pulled the string and got ready to shoot. And, boom. He shot it and it caused a flash, I turned my face to back, thinking that was probably what they were using to trap werewolves. "What the hell was that?" Lydia spoke, Allison was still staring the arrow. "I don't know..."

"Well, that was fun! Any more lethal weapons you wanna try out?" Lydia said just before we heard a voice. Allison handed the crossbow to Lydia. "Hold this--"

"What? Why?" Lydia asked as she grabbed the crossbow like it was carrying a deadly disease. "Because I thought I heard something." Allison said. "So... what if you heard something?" Lydia asked to Allison, okay that was getting scarier. "So, I want to find out what that something is." Allison said and started walking away. "Don't worry-- it's probably nothing." I said to Lydia, trying to comfort her. "Well, what if that nothing is something, and that something is dangerous?" She asked, I shrugged and took the crossbow from her hands. "We'll shoot it." 

"What? Aren't you scared? She left us in the middle of the woods. And for God's sake, it's Beacon Hills!" Lydia scolded and if you think carefully, she was probably right. "I've seen a lot of things to be scared Lyds. And believe me, that school night was one of them. If we survived from it, we'll survive from this too."

"It's obvious why Jackson chose you..." She mumbled, caused me to turn to her. "What? Why?" I asked in curiosity. "He knows he can't have you. Boys like struggling, Rachel. And Jackson is a bit coward so he wants a girl like you or Allison. I don't blame him. If I were him, I would choose you too."

"Hey, Lydia that's so not true. Do you have any idea how many boys have a crush on you in Beacon Hills? They would literally die just to have a one minute with you. So, stop that craziness, you're beautiful." I said just before my phone started ringing. I handed the crossbow to Lydia and took my phone out of my pocket. Jackson was the one who was calling. I answered his call as I walked a little away from Lydia. "Hey, Rach how you doing?"

"I would've fallen to it... If you were someone else, Whittemore. I didn't forget that you fucking threatened me so spit it out. What are you going to ask?" I tried to sound angry but with Lydia looking at me with a smile on her face, it was impossible for me to stay angry. God, I understand why Stiles loves her. "Okay, I was going say that we're going out tonight and yeah it is a date."