2x19 - The Divine Move

"Scott, hold on--" Stiles said to Scott, who was ready to open the doors to school with Kira. We were there for the final battle. Last shot. I was holding Stiles up with Lydia's help. I was back on my good ol' power, and we only needed to dust off my necklace from all the mountain ash it was covered with. "I know what you're all thinking-- if this works, it might kill me, too. But even if it does, you have to go through with it. Stick with the plan, okay?"

"The plan is to save you-- that's the plan I'm going with." Scott told him. I smiled and patted Stiles' back. "It is going to die, and you're going to live. I promise you." I said, and he smiled lightly. But when we walked into the school, it was not the hall we walked every day. It was somewhere else... "Oh, this is definitely not part of the plan..." 

As we walked in, the door closed behind us, causing all of us to turn there. Then we started looking around, but we didn't walk away. Even a bit. We stuck together. Then, I saw it. The Nogitsune. In his normal shape, I guess. Kira quickly took her sword out. "Like I promised, Stiles... We're going to kill all of them, one by one..." It told, spawning Onis in front of us. Kira quickly started fighting them with her sword. "What the hell is this? Where are we?" Scott asked to it as Onis surrounded us. "Between life and death." 

"Bardo." Lydia said. "But, there are no peaceful deities here, Lydia. You're dying, Stiles... And now, everyone you care about is dying, too."

"What? What do you mean?"

"I've captured almost all of the territories on the board, Stiles-- the hospital, the sheriff's station, and now the animal clinic." I stuck to Stiles' arm, trying to both hold him up and cover my fear. At least, the nogitsune wasn't in Stiles' appearance. "Do you know the ritual of seppuku, Stiles?"

"No. And I don't want to."

"When a samurai disembowels himself with his own sword to maintain his honor. But that's not the cut that kills him-- the killing stroke is made by his kaishakunin, who beheads the samurai with his own katana. Scott... Scott is your kaishakunin. I'm going to make your best friend kill you, Stiles. And you're going to let him... Because, just like you, they're all going to die. Everyone touched by an Oni's blade... Unless Scott kills you, first." As it was talking, we all backed away until there were 2 Onis behind us. As we were all lined up next to each other, it stood right in front of us. "Why? Why are you doing this?" Stiles asked, nearly whispering due to his lack of strength. "To win the game!" It shouted. I hugged Stiles tightly. My other arm was covered by Lydia, who was as scared as I was. And then, Onis got ready to fight. As I gave Stiles to Lydia, I looked at her face. "Hold him, okay?"

"Are you going to fight? How?" I shrugged at Lydia. "I have to." 

As Scott and Kira were trying to fight them, I started helping them by getting one Oni from Kira so she could help Scott, too. As they were fighting with 3 Onis, I started fighting one. I was standing at least 5 five apart from the Oni, fighting with my magic. And I think I was doing great, actually. I wasn't cut, at least for now. But then, Oni tossed Kira's sword. It held its sword over to Kira, ready to kill her. And then, I saw Stiles taking her sword. No. He was getting ready to kill himself. "Stiles, no!" I screamed as I stopped fighting. Oni immediately cut my hand; I screamed in pain and pushed the Oni away. But, like, really away. How did I manage to do that? "Stiles!" Scott shouted too. "What if it saves you? What if it saves all of you?" Stiles said; I shook my head as I was holding my hand in pain. "What if it's just another trick?" I told him. "No more tricks, Rachel."

"End it, Scott. Let your friend fall on his own sword. Do for him what he cannot do for himself. Do it, Scott-- be his kaishakunin. Give up the game." 

But then, Stiles realized something. I saw it in his eyes. "You have no moves left."

"I do... A divine move." Stiles said as he tossed the sword back to Kira. "Stop fighting them! It's an illusion!" Stiles said as Lydia held him up so he could stand. "You have to stop fighting them. It looks real, and it feels real, but Scott, you gotta trust me-- it's an illusion." Stiles said. As we all lined up behind each other, the Onis stood in front of us. Lined up in two's, behind each other. And at the end, Nogitsune was standing between them. So we started to walk, getting cut by Onis with every step. We were all screaming in pain, walking to Nogitsune. Was this a bad idea? But as Scott pushed Nogitsune and walked through the door, we were in the school. And we had no cuts. "We're okay. We're..." Scott was interrupted by the Void, slamming him to the door. Stiles, Lydia and I started walking backwards as it did the same to Kira. "This was my game. You think you can beat me at my game?" 

I was frozen. This was my biggest fear. Encountering Void. "Divine move... Divine move? You think you have any moves at all? You can kill the Oni, but me? Me? I'm a thousand years old, you can't kill me!" He screamed as he walked over to us; we were technically running from him backward. "But we can change you." Lydia told him bravely, I was too terrified to open my mouth. I was stuck to Stiles' arm. "What?" Void asked. Stiles answered to his 'twin' quickly. "You forgot about the scroll..."

"The Shugendo scroll." Lydia said. "Change the host..." Void mumbled. I hated myself at that moment. I had the energy to fight him. I had the power. But I was too scared. "You can't be a fox and a wolf." Stiles told him. And then, Scott came. Touched his shoulder, and the moment Void turned his head, Scott bit him. Void screamed in pain and confusion. And then, Kira made the last move. She stabbed him with her sword. He opened his mouth, a fly started to come out of it. Then, Isaac captured it. Void's body shattered into pieces and became a cloud of dust in the air.

Just when I thought it was over, Stiles' body fell onto the ground. "Stiles!" I screamed as I kneeled down. As we all stood beside his head, I was praying. Please... You cannot die. You cannot leave me right now... It is too soon... 

But then, he opened his eyes. I sighed in relief. "Oh, God... I fainted, didn't I?" I smiled and nodded. "We're alive? We're all alive?" Stiles asked. But the look on Scott's face shattered each one of us' hearts. "Yeah, we're okay..." 

---

As Stiles opened his eyes to the day, he felt alive and better. For the first time in weeks. As he got up from his bed, he noticed a note right next to the table next to his bed. He quickly took it and started to read, firstly from the name that was written on the letter.

"To Stiles, from Rachel.

Stiles, I love you. I really do. In fact, I've been loving you for the past 10 years. There had been nothing that made my love weaker, or smaller, or lesser. And there will never be. 

But this past week was a fist to my gut. Not because of what it did. Because I was unable to do anything. I am supposed to be the protector. I am supposed to be stronger than any monster we encountered and will encounter. But right now, I am not. And I realized that my love for you is what weakens my ability for judgment and fight. I could've fought Nogitsune when it captured me. But I didn't. Because I was so scared of hurting you. 

I had several chances to escape. And I know he was aware of that. I didn't use them because I knew it would hurt you. But right now, I know something worse will come. Sooner or later, we will need someone stronger. And I know I can't get stronger here, with you. 

Last night, when you and Lydia stood in front of the Void, I was terrified. I was so terrified that I froze. I had every chance to attack him. I knew I was able to stop him. But seeing your face terrified me. I was not able to fight a monster because it had your face. I can't be this weak. I'm sorry.

So when you are reading this, I'll be in London. You probably don't know him, but, when we broke up I met someone. Harry Gallagher. He is a sorcerer from London. He taught me about my powers, he helped me get stronger. And to get more help, I'll be spending some time in London. I don't know when I'll be back. But when I'm back, I swear I will be back greater than ever.

I love you, Stiles. 

Until we see each other again,

Goodbye, Stiles.

With love, 

Rachel.