Chapter 13--- like a sin

" You're married!?" Janet exclaimed, discombobulated.
" Yes Janet, I'm married" Delen replied, nonchalantly. He hadn't informed Janet about the marriage yet but Cedric had done the honours and now, the bamboozled Janet was staring at him with her jaw to the floor. She wasn't pissed, just shocked.

Her eyes brightened suddenly, a huge smile on her kind face . " Oh goodness, Sir, how,When, why?!" She asked, blinking her eyes several times, making Delen chuckle.
" Woah relax. Slow down. So many questions. Well I got married yesterday and.... I'm hungry" Delen said, purposely keeping the curious woman in suspense.

He laughed when her mouth suddenly shut at his last words.
" Oh my. Sorry dear, I've made lunch, pasta and bechamel sauce, it's delicious. Have a seat, I'll serve you right away Sir." Janet said, frantically moving about the kitchen.

Delen moved and sat on the kitchen island, unbuttoning his coat. After what happened at the hospital yesterday, he'd offered to stay the night after Vincent's surgery.
Glass had ignored him the whole time, not sparing him a glance.

He'd convinced Vickie and Glass to go home and rest later that evening. So he'd stayed the whole night and when Vickie, Glass and the lady called Macy came this morning, he left to check on things in the office. Marcus had been dumbfounded when he'd told him he was married and had asked a hundred and one questions. All of which Delen had promised to answer later.

" Oh heavens me! Is she here ? Will she be dining with you?" Janet asked suddenly remembering that she hadn't seen the said wife.
" Well no, she's not here with me today. She will come tomorrow morning Janet. Her name is Glass"

" Glass? Wow that's a pretty name. I bet she's veryyy pretty" Janet stressed, dishing out pasta onto a plate in front of Delen, making him laugh.
" Well you'll see tomorrow. Relax"
" Of course of course! Oh dear. I can't wait to meet her" Janet said excitedly.
" Sorry I didn't tell you earlier, it was impromptu. But I promise you'll love her. She's very friendly and kind and funny... I guess"

" Don't worry Sir. I understand."she said, brushing it away.
" Stop calling me Sir,Janet, you're like a mother to me" Delen said and pulled her close for a hug.
" I love you son"
" Yeah, me too"
" Okay okay look, you're making me cry. Eat your food before it gets cold."
Sure Mum.

********
Delen left early the next morning for a meeting at work. Cedric had also left some days back to his new apartment down town. Janet had just finished preparing a room for Glass. According to Delen, he and Glass won't be sleeping in the same room ... At least not for now.

Glass sighed for the umpt hundredth time, got out of the Van and whispered "you've got this, you can do it, take it cool and don't explode"
Both her mother and Macy had refused to escort her to her new home.
So she had to come all by herself. Not even the driver had been allowed to drive her there for whatever reason she didn't understand...bullshit.

Her father's surgery had been successful and he was resting and recovering so there was no course to worry. Therefore, her Mom had happily sent her packing to her new matrimonial home. Dammit all to hell!

She cussed lowly as she gazed up at the Villa. Woah.
She had to admit it was beautiful in broad daylight. She hadn't really looked at it that well in all the times she and Macy had come to the party. But looking at it now in the morning sun, boy it was huge and impeccable.

A man in black approached her.
" Mrs. Glass McBright?"he asked
Ugh, so now everybody would call her that? Yuck!
Resisting the temptation to glare at him, Glass smile at him instead, her smile fake.
" Yeah" she said, rolling her eyes mentally.