Chapter 30---- Apex

She didn't know how she did it.
But somehow, she managed to get a cab home. The sun was going to sleep already.

She felt tired and weak.

When she got home...only God knows how she managed to get there, her dad wasn't home. Mrs Vickie was reading in the sturdy room.

At once she became alarmed. After hugging her mom tightly and weeping her eyes out, she relaxed a bit and told her mom all that had happened and swore to NEVER forgive Delen.

Mrs Vickie said all she could to convince her to forgive him and go back but she'll have none of it.

When Mr Vincent came, they told him that Glass was staying a few weeks cause Delen had travelled on a very important business trip and would be out of the country for a while. Mr Vincent bought the story completely, happy to have his daughter for a while.

When Macy found out, she was so angry at Delen and she wouldn't stop cussing.

" I guess it runs through thier blood!" She scoffed hatefully and told Glass about Cedric's attitude weeks ago. Macy was hurt and as for Glass, the nightmares won't stop becoming worser and worser. Her parents had doctors attending to her, her therapist was back but still, it didn't help much.

Mr Vincent tried reaching Delen several times but it was like he vanished completely out of the system and Cedric wasn't available either, he had travelled back to England.

Then time rolled on and on, days into weeks and weeks to months and months, to a year...

****
She couldn't tell why Delen hadn't sent his lawyer for the divorce all this while.
" I'm sure he thinks you're  going to take half his fortune!" Macy said one afternoon as they sipped coffee.

How time flies, yet, it felt like only yesterday when all had happened.

" I don't want a dime from him" Glass said lowly. She looked tired and closed in. She'd become very distant over the year and wouldn't leave her room for so long, crying silently and singing lowly.

The therapist had advised her to do things she loved best cause it reduced the stress and depression and help with the nightmares.

So Mrs Vickie, Macy and even Randy had persuaded her to sing in public and go out once a while.
Currently, she sings at any charity shows available to earn money for homeless people, children and orphans.

She had also created a foundation for women with breast cancer called the Glass cancer foundation.

" why don't you want a peny from him? You should take half of everything he ever worked for. That moron deserves it " Macy argued.
" stop calling him that Macy, YOU and I know I caused the break up of our marriage " Glass defended

Why the fuck you always defending him?

" Shut up Glass, that's stupid. It's not your fault in the least possible way! Who told him to go kissing that stupid bitch? I would have done worse, like kill both of them "

" And you're a church girl?" Glass asked sneakily and smiled
" Okay fine. But even God takes vengeance "
" I'm not God "
" so you forgive him?"
" No, I won't avenge doesn't mean I forgive him, I can't and I won't. I just don't like you talking bad about him, your loud mouth is gonna make my dad suspect oneday "

" oh poor old man, you've been lying to him for a whole years! Just tell him already "
" Macy!. Shut up it'll KILL him. Mom and I keeps faking letters and even vacations to make him believe I'm still.in contact with Delen. The truth would kill him"

And God forbid if she is the cause of any other bad happening in their lives again.

~~~~~~
" Good day Mr MCBright"
" Good day Ron"
" your wife refused to see me again " the lawyer said
" What? Why?!"