Chapter 19--- Tf?

" Hi babe" Kate's seductive voice said, smiling flirtatiously at Delen.
He gritted his teeth as Kate hugged him, lingering far too long and then, pegged him on the cheek and sat next to him.

He let go of Glass' hand and he groaned inwardly at the disappointment that flushed her eyes.

" Kate" he grunted out, pushing back in his seat.

He studied Kate's face, flawless and glowing. Her lips red as sin, long long lashes.And he wondered if it would touch her nose if she blinked.

Her smile flirtatious. Her eyes twinkling with excitement and mischeve that wasn't lost on him.

He always saw Kate as those fragile women who always needed to be rescued, cuddled....fucked.
And he'd enjoyed doing it all, especially the latter.

But then, looking at her now, he felt repulsed. He liked her, cared for but only as a friend. And he'd made it clear to her that whatever they had was over.

She'd swore she understood.

So what the fuck is she doing?.

It irritated him.

He knew little about women.But for one, he knew what Kate was trying to do, get under the skin of Glass.

That pissed him off.

But when he looked at Glass, her face was blank. As if she didn't give a damn.
Maybe she really didn't care?

If she did, she wouldn't have ignored him, walked out on him after that intimacy in his office.

A sharp pain stung his chest as he thought about it. He didn't regret it. But then she did.  She had looked at him with disgust and something that looked suspiciously like hatred.

She hated him.
But why?.

" Kate, this is my wife, Glass" he said and he knew his tone was cold.

" Oh, she is?" Kate's reply made Glass' eyes widened in shock and anger.

But Kate just spared her a glance, looking at her disapprovingly under her ridiculously long, fake lashes.
Her displeasure evident. But she tried to cover it with a fake smile that made Glass feel like regurgitating.

Kate returned her attention to Delen, smiling sweetly at him. She leaned into Delen and whispered something into his ears. Then she bit her lips, her long fingers painted in hot pink tugging at Delen's tux, then dusting away am imaginary dirt.

Repulsed, Glass clutched her purse hard, till her knuckles hurt. Mustering up the energy to stand up, she  took her purse " excuse me" she said and walked away.

She was fuming. Enraged.
A minute later, she found the washroom and quietly slipped inside, locking it.

No one was inside and she was grateful for the privacy. Placing down her purse, she stared at her reflection in the mirror.

A single tear slipped past her right eye and she wiped it away furiously.

Was she ever going to stop crying because of him? Because of that imbecile?. He wasn't worth it.
Why the fuck did she even agree to come?!

He just takes delight in humiliating her and she was a fool who always came running at his beck and call.
What the fuck does he take her for?.

To be flirting so openly with his Mistress!
Not giving a damn that she was sitting right there, that people were watching!

That people were looking at her like she was the odd one out.