Chapter 21--- I like you

The sudden gossip that erupted as she headed for the elevators told her that the news of what happened at the party was already out.

Of course.

This time around, she knew her way all too well to his office so there was no need to ask for directions.

She knocked on the door and as usual, his cold authoritative voice that she found so appealing asked her in. She hesitated briefly then sighed before entering.

She stepped in silently, closing the door after her.

Then it hit her.

His office.

The memory from the other time she'd been there. She stared at the couch, biting her lips as the memory flooded back.

Then when she met Delen's eyes, leaning against the door was all she could do to prevent her knees from giving out.

Oh god.

He looked every bit like a fantasy. A man she could only dream about and fantasize about in her daydreams and late night dreams.

Except that he was no fantasy, he was real. So goddamn real.

Focus woman!

She cleared her throat wierdly, blinking fast and then , willed herself to relax and stop blushing.

His eyes studied her as she moved closer to his desk but did not sit.
Instead, she placed her handbag gracefully in the chair and stared back at him.

His face was blank, but his eyes were studying her every move, her every breath.

Relax.

" You fired Randy?" She went straight to the point, not seeing any reason why she should beat about the bush when he probably knew why she was there.

He watched her intensely, his face giving nothing away.

" I did" he said in a bored flat tone, shrugging. His demeanor nonchalant.

But Glass knew that behind that cool facade, he was boiling with supressed anger.

" Why?. You know it's not fair . He didn't do anything Delen, you should know better"

" Really now?. He complained that much to you?" He got up from his desk, then snickerd bitterly, turning his back to her as he looked out of the huge glass window.

She said nothing. Waited patiently for his next words.

It didn't come.

He just turned to face a painting hanging to his left.
She'd seen that beautiful piece when she had first been there.

Cedric was gifted.

The room was tensed and she felt uncomfortable, awkward.

" Delen?" She called calmly to him.

He turned his body a fraction towards her, hands buried deep inside his pocket, arching a perfect brow at her.

Then he turned fully and studied her once again. His eyes taking her in from head to toe.
She willed herself to not shrink under his scrutinizing gaze.

" This is my work place Kiddo, it's not a place to talk about your lover"

The hateful edge in his tone was not lost on her.
His accusation stung. And she felt her anger resurfacing.

" Really? You're still calling me an adulteress?"

Adulteress sounded ancient but then again, she'd never been the modern type right? And what other word can she use to discribe the insult he was throwing at her?... A whore. Right.