Chapter 40---- A happy life

It's quite hard to believe that after everything live throws at us, we still have a certain amount of strength to always bounce back.

There's been good times and there's been bad times however, the most important thing is that we learn to never give up, always stay positive no matter how hard it gets.

This is her time to be happy.

This is not the end..... It's only the beginning

*

No words could express the joy that came into thier lives when Glass woke up.

Three weeks later, she was up and moving.

A little McBright on the way....sheesh.

The news of her pregnancy was like a soothing balm to a nasty sore.

It was a thrilling news to them, a miracle.

" God answers prayers - thank you Lord " he said in his head as he held his wife in his arms..... His Wife, forever grateful.

****
Eight months later, Glass gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl.

" What would you call her?" Cedric asked, his hands around Macy's waist..
Yeah yeah they're back together.

" Maybe they'd call her VOICE!" Macy joked and they laughed. Cedric kissed her, making Glass roll her eyes.

" Since her mum is Glass, they'll  surely name her MIRROR!" Cedric added as Delen punched him in the rib jovially, making him whince in pain.

Glass laughed.
This is all she could ever ask for, a family....a happy life.

" Taliat. We'll call her Taliat " She  said softly, looking down at the sleeping angel in her arms as Delen kissed her hair softly.

" Taliat MCBright, come on baby, come to granny " Mrs Vickie said, collected the baby and went into the garden as Macy and Cedric followed.

" You're gonna have sex?" Cedric asked slyly at the door , looking back at the embracing Delen and Glass. Delen grabbed a pillow and threw at him but he was quick to dodge  as he and Macy laughed, closing the door after them.

Macy and Cedric were Taliat's god parents.

" I'm going to visit Randy in Jail tomorrow " Glass said, looking up at  him, hugging his waist as he was standing and she was sitting.

He sighed.

" I know, you've said that like million times already " Delen said and offered her a small smile.

" you're okay with it right?""She asked
" Well yeah, he can't harm you and although I hate to say this, he didn't mean to shoot you " Delen said, kissing her palm .

" Yes do you forgive him?" Glass asked
" I don't know. I don't think I can. Maybe someday but not today. Today, right now I want you " he said and smirked at her as she laughed.

" ohh so Cedric was right then? We are going to have sex?" She asked laughing
" No..... We're going to make love." he said in a sweet tone, laughed back at her happy face, pulling her up and kissing her with all his love.

He didn't only make her his WOMAN, but forever, she was his WOMAN.

His safe haven....

The End.

Helloooooo family 🤩🥳

Finally at the end of SLOW BURN 🥺❣️.

It was a glorious ride with y'all 🥺♥️.

Discribe Delen in one word....?
Discribe Glass in one word.....?

Would you like a book two of this story on Cedric and Macy??

Lemme know all your thoughts in the comment sections🥰🥰

My immense gratitude to each and everyone of you angels

Love,
Tiana ♥️