Chapter 23--- Try

" Heyy bestie" Macy's loud voice said as she stepped into the hall, heading towards Glass , her heels clicking loudly.
" Hey girl" Glass said back, momentarily glancing at Macy.

" Oh my, you got pizza and you're eating it alone? Biatch I thought we were besties" Macy chirped, settling down in the sofa next to Glass, dropping her handbag and then peeled off her heels.

" Uhh, peace at last" she added as she grabbed a slice of pizza and bit into it, groaning happily.

" Aren't you supposed to be working?" Glass asked, smiling at her friend.
It was Friday and she had asked Janet to take the weekend off. They wouldn't be around so....

Yeah, she was fucken happy. Alone with Delen the whole weekend!

Delen had told her he'd close early to pick her up. They'd be going to his cabin outside of town and she was thrilled and in suspense, waiting patiently for the day to move fast.

" I was at work. And gosh, that dick head Derrick, my boss, he just pissed me off" Macy said, peeved.

" What did he do?"
" He freaking had me type five reviews for the drilling machines he wanna purchase, only to make me retype it all twice! God, I really wanted to slap the shit out of his face"

" Oh yeah?. What happened to you wanting to bang him?"
" Well he's a douchebag. I totally will still bang him though. That's why I didn't spill my hot coffee all over his stupid head"

" Geez. You got temper girl. So why are you not still typing?"
" Haha. I faked illness. Told him I've been coughing real bad for the past days, faked a couple of it right there and... Who isn't afraid of covid? Yeah. He asked me to take the day off and go check up

Check up my fine ass" she finished the pizza and laughed mockingly, taking another slice.

" What are you watching... Witches of East end? Girll you love this movie. You aren't planning on becoming a witch are you?. You have the eyes though"

Macy!  Good Gracious! She could talk non-stop.

" What eyes?"
" You know b, those damn blue eyes of yours, mmm, I jealous them. Won't stop saying it. They're too intense. No wonder you slayed the gaint Delen with them"

Glass shook her head incredulously, turning her attention to the movie. Her cheeks flushed a little bit at that.
Slayed Delen?.
It's more like he slayed her

" Girl, you look all pink just now. Damn. Wait!" Macy shrieked, her huge brown eyes widening
" You fucking him already?"
Goodness gracious!

" No!"
" Oh my God. Glass you fucking him aren't you? Geez biatch you secretive. When did it happen?! How was it?"

Lord, Macy!.
" I'm not doing anything and damn I surely won't tell you shit if I do... Ever"

She met Macy at church but then sometimes, she doubts her memories. Maybe it was a club rather. Sheesh, the girl had no filter in her mouth.

" That's being mean. I'll tell you if I'm banging any dude. You know all about Alex"

Alex Winston was Macy's ex. And those two were always going at it everywhere. And Macy wouldn't stop giving her the gory details.
Yucks.

" What about Cedric?" Glass asked skeptically, watching Macy's expressions.

She knew something was definitely up with the two.
She didn't say anything because she wasn't sure and looking at how Macy just turned pink, her suspicions were confirmed

" Don't be ridiculous b, Cedric and I are nothing, just friends" she was lying, it was obvious.
Macy was the open type.. and if she was lying about something like this, then it's serious.
Something was definitely up.