Chapter 34--- Another us

The day was interesting.
Later that day, they went to a concert, a kind of charity event held close by.

Unknown to Glass, Macy and Cedric signed her name to perform. She almost collapsed when her name was called. The crowd clapped and cheered, waiting for her to mount the stage.

" What?" She turned to look at Cedric and Macy who kept smiling at her, even Delen!.
" who did this?" She asked, her voice Shakey.

" me..." Cedric said, making an attempt to make an innocent face.
" Come on Kiddo, it'll be fine. I'd be right here watching you. You'd do great " Delen assured with a huge smile

What?.

Okay over the year, she had been singing at such events but Delen hadn't been there.
Having him here now, how would she feel singing, knowing that his eyes will be watching her the entire time!

Goodness gracious!

Come on girl, you can do it.

" Okay " She sighed, inhaled deeply, hugged them, kissed Delen briefly and headed for the stage.

Go show 'em.

'Damn, can't believe I'm doing this'

The crowd clapped and cheered as she mounted the stage, looking nervous, her eyes holding Delen's. He gave her thumbs up and smiled, cheering her up.

" Breath " he murmured to her. She nodded, shut her eyes and exhaled

" we are here, we are here for all of us...." She started as the crowd felt silent, Delen's eyes widened and Cedric looked stunned. Macy gripped Cedric's arm tightly and smiled, goose bumps chilling their spines. Glass had a powerful voice and everyone looked captivated.

"- we are here for all of us,we are here for all of us
that's why we are here, why we are here
We are here
Bombs over Baghdad, tryna get something we ain't never had,
let's start with the good Dad, so real but it's so sad.
So while we burnin' this incense, we gon' pray for the innocent, cause right now we don't make sense, right now we don't make sense. Let's talk about chi town, let's talk Gaza
Let's talk about, let's talk about Israel
Cause right now it is real..."

She sung her heart out of the popular tune of Alicia Key's WE ARE HERE

" That's her Voice?!" Cedric asked rhetorically, shocked as he looked at Macy who was looking emotional.
When she finished, the crowd went wild the claps and cheers.
She ran into Delen's arms as he kissed her sweetly.
" That was beautiful!--sick !" Cedric exclaimed enthusiastically, hugging her.

She hugged Macy who kept smiling hugely.

" Baby that was wonderful, it was mind blowing " Delen complimented.
Glass laughed, letting out a huge breath.
" Thanks y'all "

They stayed for other activities before heading home.
In the evening after retreating into their various rooms, Glass and Delen layed on the bed, silent, each lost in their thoughts of unasked questions, her head on his chest strocking it absent minded.

" I don't want to separate when we return " Delen said quietly
" me neither " She said lowly.
" I have to tell Randy" she added and he stiffened
" I don't like him " Delen said sternly, taking his hands from her waist where it laid earlier, stroking lazily

She turned to look at him, his eyes tender yet unreadable
She touched his cheeks, brushing her thumbs across it lovingly.

" He's a good friend Del, he has-"
" Yeah yeah. But he wants more, even proposed to you!" He said, straining to not yell. He sat up, turning his back to her as he brushed his hands roughly over his face, sighing.