Chapter 36--- The real Him

Sometimes good things happen.

It's hard to believe that out of the blue, life starts to treat you better, when all it has ever done is treat you worse...so worse that you got used to it.

Good things.

They're like fairy tales that you can only allow yourself to fantasize about.

But you see, for people like Glass, they can't completely relax and give in to happiness.
Because always, always, there's something lurking around the corner, ready to snatch that happiness.

And it happened.

*
The next day was a Saturday. Glass was reading when Randy called. She apologized for not making it to the diner and he said it was okay.

He asked her to go with him to a place where he refused to tell her the name, said it was a surprise that would thrill her. She had a bad feeling about it, her instincts didn't like Randy's tone but then again, she'd disappointed him enough.

Guilty and eager to make it up for lying to him and to tell him the truth once and for all, she agreed to go with him.

She shouldn't have, she shouldn't have.

Around 5pm, he picked her up. They drove a little out of town and took a dusty road hidden from sight.
She didnt tell Delen because then he'd be mad at her and not let her go. Macy had done enough already.
She had her own problems to deal with.

She couldn't tell her mother either.

I mean, what's there to be afraid of?
This is Randy, her best friend.
He'd do anything to protect her.

It was crazy to think that he'd do anything to her.
He wouldn't.

Why was she scared?

Guilt. Sometimes guilt makes you scared. And you start stewing stuffs in your head.

Relax.

Tell him the truth and then everything would be okay.

It would be okay. He'll understand.

" Randy" she said after a long moment of silence
" mm hm?" He answered, eyes fixed on the road. His eyes were dark, darker than thier usual cheerful brown ones and his expression blank. His grip hard on the steers, his jaw twitching

" Delen and I are back together " she said, truely sorry
" Okay " he said plain. His face the same... Nothing
" You're not angry?"She asked perplexed

" Naa. Why should I? You love each other dearly and that's enough "he said and shrugged, smiling briefly. His tone was still the same, giving nothing away.

'See, he's even smiling at me '

Randy is that sweet.

" Thanks for understanding, you're the best ever " She said and touched his arm softly, smiling
He shuddered lightly but his expression was the same. She pulled her hand back and stared out the window. They've been driving for three hours, far from the city and yet he hadn't said anything. So unlike him.

" have this water, you must be thirsty. We're almost there " he said and handed it to her. She didn't want to take it but his voice was firm
Not wanting to argue, she took it and drunk a little,thanked him and turned back to the window, watching them pass trees after trees.

He nodded, not looking at her.
That was the last thing she remembered as her eyes became heavy, dizzy, she fell into a deep slumber.

****
It was dark when she opened her eyes. Tied to a chair in an unknown place that looked like an old abandoned warehouse. Her head ached and she blinked several times to adjust to the dimly lit room.