Two queens in a king size bed🎄

Y/n pov

I cant name a single normal Christmas I've had. I remember my mom used to paint things on store windows so she could make some extra money for our presents and we would bring her fresh cookies as she painted in the cold. Or when I was 11, my older got into a brawl with a mall Santa because he told my little brother Santa wasn't actually real. Or when I saw the snow for the first time and got really scared of it. The point is, I always thought maybe one year I would have a normal Christmas, one like all the other kids had.

This was me and Taylor's first Christmas together, and she insisted on taking me to do the things I never got to do. Today was Christmas eve and she said there's a lot we're gonna do.

"Y/n wake up! Its Christmas eve", she shook me awake. "Okay okay. Gosh im up", I groaned. She kissed my forehead before running to the bathroom to get ready. I smiled at her silliness and went into the bathroom as well to get ready. It wasn't really all that cold, so I put on a grey and black plaid overall dress, with a cropped white long sleeve turtle neck under it, and then doc martens. Taylor put on a dull green and red plaid skirt and a black long sleeve turtle neck, and black heels. "Okay, its already 10 am, so we've got shopping to do", she said as she pulled me out the door. "Shopping? But we've already got loads of Christmas decorations", I said. "I know, but we need to get a gingerbread house, donations for the foster children, sugar cookie ingredients, and then skates", she said. I giggled and took her hand as we walked out the door. We decided to go to the mall, because we're currently in New York and malls in New York during Christmas are so cool.

We arrived at the mall and I took her hand into mine as we wondered around to find the map of the mall to locate stores. After only a few minutes, we found it, and she pointed to some store on there. "There it is. Cmon let's go", she said and I followed her a escalater, those were fun for some reason. We went into a store that smelt like a fire place and cinnamon. Here we can find a gingerbread house set, im sure", she said while looking at the shelves. "Ah right here", she said then grabbed a box. "A gingerbread house? I don't even know what this is", I told her with a smile. "Dont worry, I'll show you", she said.

We paid for it and then walked out of the cozy store. "Now, presents for the kids", she said. "Soon you'll be saying that about our kids", I told her. We both smiled wide at the thought of it, "I hope so", she said and we went into another cinnamon and pine scented store. "So just find anything really, just stuff you would've liked as a kid", she said. "Okay. This is so sweet that you do this ya know", I told her as we walked down the aisles. "Well I know its cringey but I feel like everyone should feel cared about during the holiday season", she said. We chose a few toys and games before heading out of the store. We had a bunch of bags, but we both held half of them. "Okay only 1 more thing to do", she said. We walked to this place, and I immediately knew what it was. It was an ice skating rink. I've never been ice skating. "Let's go get ice skates and then I'll teach you how to skate babygirl", she said. We got our skates and went in ice. I was holding onto Taylor's arm for dear life, "im gonna fall, omg", I said. She giggled, "You not gonna fall trust me", she said. I took a deep breath and let go. And surprisingly didn't fall, after about half an hour I was able to move around without her help.

When we got home from the donation center we got out the gingerbread house. "So this is basically a cookie house that you put together and decorate", she explained. I nodded and got to work. I was trying to push the two walls together with the frosting, taylor came behind me and helped. After the house was built, we started to decorate. She made icicles on the side with frosting and I put peppermints on the windows. We put gumdrops on the top and lollipops on the side of the door. After all of this, I was completely knocked out. I was so tired that I'd didn't even want to stand so taylor carried me up the stairs. Although Christmases in my childhood were fun, this Christmas perfect. All because of Taylor.