Chapter Three: Ahsoka's Concerns

AHSOKA TANO

The next morning, about an hour or two after the sun rose, Ahsoka awoke to find that she had rolled onto Lux’s side of the bed. But sadly, there was no Lux to be found. She sat up, but dizziness forced her back down again.

As she waited for it to clear up, as it usually did within a few minutes, she was confronted with the question that had been plaguing her for weeks, and that she was still no closer to answering. How do I feel about being pregnant?

Ahsoka wasn’t really sure how to feel about it. On one hand, it was amazing. Knowing that her body was in the process of creating something wonderful filled her with joy. She was going to be – and already was – a mother.

But on the other hand, it could be a dangerous thing. She wasn’t living in a perfect galaxy, and the things that could harm her baby were ever-present in her life, shadowing everything that she did. She couldn’t assure her little boy or girl’s safety as long as the Empire and the evil members of the Sith Order still existed.

And what also worried her was what Lux might think. He could have a positive reaction to the news, or a totally negative one. She was sure that he suspected something – he had asked her three times now if she was anorexic, all of which she had denied – and she didn’t know if he was ready to start the family they both so desperately wanted.

And it was the second possibility that kept her awake at night.

Ahsoka tried sitting up again, and felt her stomach lurch. She resisted the urge to cup her belly, a habit that she was trying to break. She would only do it in private, but if she did it in public by accident… then everyone would know.

“Okay, look here, baby,” she said, addressing her tummy. “You’re the one depending on my systems to survive. Therefore you’re going to do what I tell you. And I’m telling you to stop making me feel dizzy and nauseous.

As if on cue, Ahsoka’s discomfort cleared up. It was strange. The baby was less than four months old, and most likely had had limited brain development, and yet it almost seemed to understand her. She reached towards her stomach with the Force, scanning it over, another habit she had picked up over the last few months. She was rewarded with the gentle pulse of Force-sensitivity.

But it was time to get up. She had to find Lux. Embalming herself in her fluffy brown bathrobe, cut in a similar style to a Jedi cloak, but with a sash, she got out of bed and walked out the door.

She didn’t have to go far. There, perched on the windowsill right next to Ahsoka’s room, was her twenty-three-year-old husband. She banished her mind of any and all thoughts concerning the baby, because the two of them could sometimes read each other’s thoughts, and walked over to see him.

“Have you been awake long?” she asked him, rubbing his shoulder gently. She couldn’t help but smile appreciatively at the hard muscle under her fingers. The early-morning sunlight brushed lightly over his sculpted face and slightly messy hair in a beautiful way. He was absolutely gorgeous.

Lux turned his head, shooting a glance up at her and kissing her hand. “I guess. I don’t know.”

She sat down next to him, as there was enough room for two on the ledge. “Tell me what happened.”

“I saw something,” he said simply. She was about to ask him what, but he said so himself. “A man. He was a Force-ghost. And he said that he knew things about my family… things that I’m not sure I want to know.”

“Really? Like what?”

“He said that my father was alive.”

Ahsoka blinked, surprised, but after a moment she smiled. “Lux, that’s wonderful! You’re not–”

“I don’t know what to think,” he interrupted. “I don’t know if I believe him. I’ve been without family for– for more than six years now. I don’t know how to feel about this!”

“Lux, you have to decide,” she said softly, scooting a little closer to him. She knew that it was pretty hypocritical, because there were so many decisions in her life that she hadn’t managed to resolve, but she had to keep her secrets.

“Ahsoka…” he said, looking back at her. There were tears in his eyes, and she suddenly got a snapshot of how much mental turmoil he was really going through.

Wordlessly, she put her arms around him, pulling him close. “I love you,” she whispered, brushing his bangs aside gently. “And you know I would do anything for you. If there’s anything you need, anything at all…”

“I know. Right now, I just need you,” he murmured, and buried his face in her shoulder again. She sighed, tightening her hold on him. He was going to be okay.

And right now, that was what was most important.

*AWW YESSSS!!! Luxsoka, may you live long and prosper! That was so fun to write! I have to go, I want to get one last chapter done before I go to bed. Bye!

May the Force be with you,

Sharron