Chapter Seventy-One: Shima's Revenge

AHSOKA TANO 

About twelve standard hours had passed painfully by, and the agony that Ahsoka was feeling because of the birth was quickly becoming unbearable. She had been in labor for nearly a full day now, and, despite having a remarkable tolerance for pain from her experiences during the Clone Wars, she was starting to weaken.

She screamed as yet another burst of pain surged through her body. As the contraction subsided, she took a deep breath, trying to stop gasping for air. Sweat was streaming down her face.

She tried to calm her breathing, but it wasn't working. Sweat dripped down her face, some of it running into her mouth, which was open, gasping greedily for breath. She couldn't seem to get enough air.

"I... I can't keep this up much longer... I can't..." She gasped as another one hit. "I won't make it out of this..."

"No, Ahsoka," Amni said. "You can do this. Just breathe."

""I... I can't, Amni!" she whispered. "It's... it's too... too much for me to–" She broke in a yell off as more pain came.

"You can! I swear by the Force you can!" Amni turned towards her Padawan, who was the only other person in the room. "Jinoyar, you have to get help! I can't do this by myself!"

He nodded, and ran out of her line of sight, probably towards the nearest computer outlet. Ahsoka could feel herself coming closer and closer to blacking out, but she tried to stay awake to hear him report back.

"Master Chelsu!" he called, running to the young Twi'lek doctor's side. "There was no reply! The comm system has shut down, and the central Computer isn't responding!"

"This isn't good," Amni muttered, running a hand across her face.

An explosion suddenly made the room tremble, and dust puffed from cracks in the ceiling. In her anxious and agonized state, Ahsoka almost didn't notice how similar it was to her dream... But she was too distraught, too tormented too give remembering it much thought.

She was beginning to see black spots. Summoning every last bit of willpower she possessed, she resisted her body's attempts to pull her into unconsciousness. If she fell now, then both she and her baby would surely die.

It was getting worse, but she could feel that it was time. Tears were beginning to join the sweat accumulating on her face.

Ahsoka gritted her teeth, but a scream managed to escape her lips regardless. She vaguely wondered why she still had the vocal power to scream as loudly as she did, even though she had been yelling at the top of her lungs for a full day.

Another contraction, worse than any of the others, suddenly forced a shriek out of her already raw throat. She could feel the baby's need to be free, and to get out into the world. This was it. The big finale.

And it was not going to be easy.

Suddenly, Lux ran into the room, his face covered in sweat, dust and maybe even a little blood. He fired two shots down the hallway outside, which was full of rubble. There was apparently a terrible battle being fought just outside the door. He turned towards her, closing the door again.

"It's all going to be okay, Socks. You're doing fine," he said, running a hand over her face, managing a stressed smile. "We're going to be parents!"

She smiled up at him too, albeit so weakly that it could hardly be described as such, finding strength and comfort in his soothing presence.

Suddenly she heard a blaster shot, and Lux's reassuring expression faded. Time slowed, and she could see him gasp for breath. She was certain that the shot had punctured his lungs.

Ahsoka screamed, and this time it wasn't from the birth. She watched him fall to his knees and then to the ground, horrified. He was giving her full view of the door, which was open again. There stood a hooded figure with a blaster, its nozzle still steaming.

But then, as her attacker stepped into the light, Ahsoka gasped, her pain almost entirely forgotten.

Suddenly, everything became clear.

Suddenly, she knew that Darth Maul hadn't been working alone, and she knew who his apprentice was. And she knew who they were. She knew the person who was standing in front of her, from a time in her life that she had so often tried to forget...

"Ventress!"

*Ahsoka has discovered Maul's sinister apprentice's true name - Shima is actually the infamous Sith assassin Asajj Ventress. But what could this revelation mean to our heroes? And what has become of Lux? Will Ahsoka and her baby make it out of this mess safely? You'll find out in the next thrilling chapter of The Unchronicled Adventures Of Ahsoka Tano!

There. It's done. YOU ALL KNOW WHO SHIMA IS!!! And yes, I actually went there. IT'S VENTRESSSSSS!!!

I actually had this chapter ready to post a few hours ago, but sadly, Wattpad was being annoying and undergoing maintenance right when I wanted to post it! So, sorry if there was a delay. As always, I'll get right to writing the next chapter, and it should be up soon, soooo... Bye!

Become the Padawan Learner of Anakin Skywalker and may the Force be with you,

Sharron