Chapter Forty-Four: The Blank-Out/ Darth Maul's Plans

AMNI CHELSU

Amni ran towards the rest of the crew of the New Hope, which had landed in one of the hangar bays. She had been on one of the first transports to the planet, watching the bacta tanks and the medical supplies. But, out of her medical training and personal curiosity, she had to see how they were doing.

But as soon as she saw Christo, her heart sped up a little. She knew that it wasn't the Jedi way to form attachments, but Ahsoka had always taught the New Jedi Knights and younglings that it was important to have them. But it was also vital to know when to allow one's attachments to could one's judgment and when not to.

She put on a short burst of speed, launching herself into her sweetheart's arms. He laughed, spinning her around, and she laughed with him. Christo was one of the few people who could easily break her careful self-control and allow her to have a little fun.

As he stopped spinning, she planted a quick kiss on his cheek. "I'm so glad you're okay," she whispered to him, the looked over at everyone else. Ahsoka, Anakin, Lux, Padme, Rex and Cody... Her friends. "I'm so glad you're all okay."

"You worry too much, Amni," Ahsoka said, smiling gently. "We always make it out okay; you know that."

"I guess..." She bit her lip, but then brightened. "Come on, everyone's eager to meet you all."

"Everyone?" Padme raised an eyebrow.

"You're forgetting that I arrived here a full seven standard hours ahead of you, Milady. I've already met most of the important people."

Suddenly Anakin's expression went blank, and he stood perfectly still. He stared off into space, probably seeing something that they could not.

But Ahsoka looked worried by this. "Anakin? Master, what's going on? Can you hear me?"

There was no response. Padme put her hands on his cheeks, whispering something Amni didn't catch. Slowly, he fazed out of it, and she relaxed. What just happened? Amni asked herself.

"It was a vision," Anakin said, as if answering her question. Maybe he was. "It's okay. I'm all right. Let's get moving."

DARTH MAUL

The conscience of Darth Maul blinked its eyes open slowly. His mental self noted his surroundings with a note of boredom - he had been seeing them every day for five months. But that was about to change.

You must LEAVE, DARK, came a voice, with the same complaint it had everyday. Well, it wasn't a voice exactly, but it was the form of communication employed by his unwelcoming and constant companion. Thoughts and images: enough to get the point through.

The entity had now determined its gender, which was female, but he regardless continued to think of her as 'it'. After all, that was the pronoun that the entity had merited when he had first arrived here.

I will leave, he said.

What? His host was clearly shocked. I do not understand.

After months of trying to persuade the Sith Lord to leave her and her carrier alone, she didn't seem to comprehend why he was giving in so suddenly.

I will leave soon... but not yet. He felt more than saw the entity's semi-hopeful expression fall, and was darkly pleased. Soon. Within a few days' time, perhaps.

You must leave! NOW!

My, aren't we insistent today? Maul taunted. Why might that be?

It could have been his imagination, but his host seemed almost uneasy at the question. That is none of your concern.

Oh, but it is, he pressed. You will awaken soon, won't you? Leave this place yourself, to explore a larger world?

Yes, she replied after a moment's hesitation. But I must send MAMA the dreams. She is too unbalanced, even after what's happened between her and her ONE. It was supposed to stabilize her. You have to leave, DARK!

Soon. But first... Maul suddenly sent out a powerful shockwave using the Force, and he could feel the entity cringe. But, regardless of that, she was strong. She didn't back down, even when she was standing in the face of absolute power.

And so it begins, he said. Those had been the summons for his army of Dark Jedi and Sith, the call to action.

He felt a twinge of genuine fear from his companion, and relished it. Fear and despair from the beings surrounding him only gave him more power. She had incredibly accurate foresight, and she had undoubtedly seen what effects his army would have on the remaining Jedi.

First, we take out their leaders, he said to the entity, knowing he was adding salt to her wounds by explaining what he was doing when she could do nothing to help the people on the outside. Then, we will move on to Cialone, and wipe out the last remnants of the Jedi Order... Forever. And then there will be Kenobi. He will die, as all the others will have. And I shall rule the galaxy.

Do not do this, she tried to plead. There is a different way. There is the Light.

There is no other way to power. He smiled darkly. And that is the only thing I truly want.

*Darth Maul has returned to the stage... But where has he been hiding all this time? Who is the entity with which he converses? And what plans does he have in store for the New Jedi Order and the growing Rebellion? And what just happened to Anakin? What did he see? You'll find out in the next thrilling chapter of The Unchronicled Adventures Of Ahsoka Tano!

*Heeeeeyyyyy guys! How's it going? I have another chapter ready, and I'll get it up soon! I'm sure you're going to LOVE it!

Rescue the princess of a dead world from captivity and may the Force be with you,

Sharron