Chapter Thirty-Three: The Captain And The General

LUX BONTERI

Lux was walking down a hallway in the Rebel base on Onderon, on his way to yet another meeting. He was mildly annoyed that someone had stolen his favorite soap from the men's bathrooms, which consisted of seven or eight old and finicky showers, and a few toilet stalls.

It seemed like he was almost always in a bad mood these days. Something was always on his mind, including the fights with Ahsoka that were taking place with increasing and painful regularity. In the last two weeks alone, there had been six, followed each time by a period of ignoring each other, unless something involving the Rebels and their fight against the Empire required them to talk.

It bothered him that someone so beautiful and that he was so in love with could grind away at his nerves to such a degree.

Lux suddenly realized that one of his blaster holsters was coming loose of his belt. It was the one that he liked to stash his lightsaber inside, keeping it out of sight but still close to him. He stopped to right it, but then...

Someone crashed into him, knocking both of them over.

Lux scrambled to his feet, embarrassed. "Hey! Will you watch where you're go... going..."

He trailed off, staring. The person who had just knocked him over was, well... They looked exactly the way he would have had he been a girl, but prettier. She was absolutely beautiful, with a face that could have belonged on any of the sculptures in the Royal Palace of Theed, full lips, and lovely grey-blue eyes. Their hair was up in a messy bun at the base of her neck, with her longish bangs and a few shorter pieces of hair escaping the hairdo.

She was apparently caught in the same daze he was, analyzing his face, but soon snapped out of it. "I'm sorry, General Bonteri. I didn't see you."

"Call me Lux. 'General' is a title I never really fit into," he said without thinking. "You already know my name, but I don't know yours..."

"Well, my full title is Captain Elt, but you can call me Janira," She said, pulling at the sleeve of her fighter pilot's uniform. There was a blush across her cheeks, but somehow, even with the little bits of motor grease that speckled her face, it made her look even prettier. "Um... sorry about crashing into you and all that."

"It's okay."

There was a slightly awkward silence before Janira spoke again. "You know, my father used to talk a lot about you."

Somehow, the word father caught Lux's attention. "Really? Um, well, my mother Mina was pretty well-known, and I guess I was too..."

"Well, maybe she knew him." She suddenly looked down the hallway.

"What is it?" he asked.

"I have to get to the ground floor. Something about power converters that the newbies wanted help with." She was probably talking about the new recruits that had come in a few days before. Sympathy for the Rebels' cause was growing, as there were rumors that Jedi were involved - rumors that weren't necessarily exaggerated. It gave people hope that they could win.

"Well, um... I have a meeting, so I'll be going... now," Lux finished awkwardly.

"Okay." She began to walk away, taking a few steps backwards so she could face him. "I'm glad to have met you, Lux."

As she resumed her running speed down the hallway, he whispered, "Glad to meet you, too..."

But he was talking to empty air.

*Lux has met Janira Elt, a Captain amongst the Rebels. But what could her role be in the events that will soon come to pass? Will she stand with the Rebels, as she always has, or will Lux and his friends discover that there's more to her than there appears to be? You'll find out in he next thrilling chapter of The Unchronicled Adventures Of Ahsoka Tano!

Short and sweet... Kind of the way I used to write before I became so detail-oriented. This chapter doesn't make sense now, but I promise that it will later. So until then... Ciao!

Invent a new form of lightsaber combat and may the Force be with you,

Sharron