Chapter 24

Dedicated to Anyone Who Never Gave Up On This Story And Wished For It's Continuation.

♥️

Three weeks and soon, it was known to everybody that Scarlett Bruce was missing.

Her image was made public and broadcasted on t.v stations but Scarlett was no where to be found.

She didn't appear and her family did not hear from her.

It came as a shock to everybody, including the school children who grew sad that their teacher was no where to be found.

After William was taken in for questioning, no one heard from him for three weeks.

A new teacher had come to replace him and that did not make the students happy.

Two of their teachers were gone.

"When was the last time you saw her?" A detective had asked him at the station.

"At her house." He answered.

"What was the purpose of your visit?"

"I wanted to get back together with her."

"And how did that go?"

William sighed, "she didn't want me in her house."

"Mnn, I see," the detective folded his arms, "because you were having issues?"

William looked into the eyes of the detective. It was clearly written in his eyes that he thought him guilty so he said;

"Do I need to get a lawyer?"

"Well, if you think that's gonna help? But at this moment I just need you to answer these questions."

William sighed, "fine." He said.

"Were you and Scarlett having issues?"

"No Sir, we weren't. We were perfectly fine until she turned on me."

"Turned on you?"

"Yes, she just grew angry at me for no reason."

"No reason? O! There was a reason. Did you know she almost lost her life?"

"What do you mean?"

"Her sister says she remembers you paying a visit to Scarlett at the hospital. Do you know why she was there?"

"No, I didn't know until she told me when I went to her house."

"And what do you think of that?"

"I don't know how it happened."

The detective stood to his feet and began pacing around the room.

"Her sister mentioned that Scarlett believed the attack came from someone close to you. Do you know any acquaintance of yours who would want Scarlett dead?"

"No Sir. I do not know anyone of such nature."

"I see and were you aware Scarlett had disappeared?"

"No, I wasn't."

"So you didn't try to know her whereabouts after you visited her at home?"

"Yes, exactly."

"Can I ask why?"

He stayed quiet for sometime before saying, "I knew it was over between us and I wanted to give her some space."

"Okay Mr. Rakes."

A knock was heard on the door of their house.

"Amy! Check who it is!" Jane shouted.