Chapter 23

I know, I know guys!

Writer took forever, lol 😂. You probably thought I was gone or something, no joke but honestly, life got me on a busy train I couldn't quite alight from but thankfully, I have and my main aim is to complete this book.

I need to let y'all know what happened and what's gonna happen, so my apologies.

If you're new here, trust me, I'm really doing my best to update and be consistent, so please bare with me 😃🍭

Anyways, you are welcome!

Good to have you on this book 💕

To everyone, I really really miss you guys!!! Had you on my mind through my absence and I'm here to make it up to you 🙏

I hope you enjoy the next chapter and the chapters to come.

Wanna say a very big thank you to those who commented and voted, to my followers, luv you guys✌and to my Readers, you guys are Amazing!

Don't forget to comment, vote and share 🙂

Please Enjoy The Next Chapter❤

-Manny Mains

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

      "If you're thinking Amy told me something, no she didn't. I was the one she called the other night and I overheard everything that happened. From how you slapped her to how you yelled at her. Why do you treat her like that Jane? Why?..... I never thought of confronting you about this because I didn't know it was a usual thing but after last night? I am utterly shocked! She is only ten for Christ's sake........."

"Yes but I had to discipline her to prevent something like that from happening the next time. She wasn't supposed to call any......"

"And yet she did. Was her calling me wrong? Was it wrong for a little girl to be in fear by a parent's behaviour? Amy is not to be blamed for anything. You are! And this is the last time I watch something like this happen to her. I know you are her mother but I am taking her with me."

"No you can't. Amy is my daughter, just as you said, so she stays with me!"

William was infuriated. They stood there staring at each other in utmost anger waiting for another round of words to break the awkward tension.

He sighed, "what's happening Jane? What's going on? I thought you were happy."

Jane shook her head from sadness. She looked down, thinking of the only reason which made her that way. Daniel.

"He left." She simply said, "Daniel left."

"O Jane!" William expressed, walking towards her and giving her a hug which she returned and sobbed lightly against his chest.

Amy, who was sitting on the stairs the whole time, stared at them with an angry look on her face.

         "Kriiiiiiiiiiii!!!" The school bell rang and out came most of the students for the close of school. Amy who had reconciled with Nigel and Pete for their reading her diary, walked out of her classroom with Kayla by her side;

"My house?"

"Mmm, No, Will......Mr. Rakes will be taking me home."

"Ow?? But.... He has been doing that for a while now, I think he can give you today to spend time with me."

"Yeah but I'd have to ask him first. He's become very protective of me."

"Why is that?" Kayla asked and just then, Nigel and Pete came behind them;