Chapter 16

Inside the living room Daniel sat. His eyes stinging from the tears which streamed down. As a man, he reminded himself not to cry, but it was inevitable considering the situation he was in.

He begun cleaning his tears when he saw Amy coming in.

She stood there to look at him for some minutes before going to sit beside him on the couch.

"Daniel? What's going on?"

He sighed, "Nothing Amy. Your mom and I had a little argument, that's all."

"But I overhead everything she said. Was the argument about my dad?"

"Amy...."

"Please tell me. I can handle it."

Daniel thought for a while before letting out a sigh and saying;

"I took your mom out to a restaurant. I wanted her to have a good time, but we ended up meeting your father and step mother and things heated up between us. Your mom approached your dad on why he has stopped providing for the family, and he said a whole lot of things your mother didn't like. It ended up with physical contacts which I didn't consider good, so I stepped in and ended up fighting with your dad. I am so sorry Amy."

A gloomy look covered up her pretty face.

'Her life wasn't gonna get any better', was the feeling she was experiencing.

"Did my dad really say I wasn't his?"

"Amy.......Don —Don't think about that. I am sure he didn't mean it."

"But he doesn't care about me anymore."

A tear streamed down her face, "he doesn't love me anymore."

"He loves you. Don't say things like that." Daniel hugged her, and sat relaxedly as she cried into his chest.

"And besides.....I love you, and to me, you are the best kid in the whole wide world."

Amy sniffed.

"Don't leave me Daniel."

"I won't."

              Amy wasn't in the mood to go to school the next day, but she had to since her mother spent the whole night drinking and throwing empty bottles at the wall in her room.

Her head was bowed down like a child embarrassed by something.

She walked into class looking that way and Kayla who was the first to see her, noticed it.

She run to Amy, "Are you okay?"

Amy did not utter a word. She just quietly walked to her seat.

Her day just began.

          At the school canteen, she sat with her three friends. She had been quiet throughout and it got them worried. They would see her occasionally wipe her face with her hand, but they didn't get what made her that way. 

At the canteen, she had her diary infront of her. It was the first time Pete and Nigel had seen her use it infront of them.

Pete leaned forward from the other side of the table to Kayla and whispered, "Is Amy okay?"

Kayla who leaned in also, whispered, "I don't know."

Pete whispered, "Are you two fighting?"

Kayla whispered, "No we are not."

"What are you two whispering about?" Nigel asked to everyone's hearing.

"Nothing." Pete answered.

"But I saw you two whispering and saying things like you had something planned."