Chapter 22

Heart racing from both anxiety and fear, he breathed heavily as he waited for the door to be answered. Jane had not replied his message but he was at her house anyway and had been standing infront of her door for almost an hour.

"Jane." He sighed from distress and the door opened immediately revealing an angry looking Jane. She stepped aside from the door, giving him way to enter into the house.

After entering, he heaved a sigh and looked at her, ready to explain why he had to leave but;

"Nothing you say matters to me." Jane started, "I made a mistake trusting you. Trusting that you'd never leave me. I was obviously wrong. You're just like all the rest. Only with me for your own pleasure."

"Jane don't say that. You know what we shared was more than just pleasure. You were and are the one I want to be with."

"Then why are you leaving?"

"Because I want to help you."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I chose medicine because I want to help you with your alcohol addiction. My father always wanted me to do medicine at Yale School Of Medicine but I made the decision of not doing it after he passed away, until I met you and realised I need to go back and pursue my father's dream for me. Jane, I really, really love you and I am of the belief that meeting you was for a reason, for me to do medicine and help you, because I know you Jane and I know this addiction will not just go away. I just want to help you and I believe this is the way for me to do it without giving up on his dreams."

"Hkhk, hahahaha....." Jane started to laugh, "Help me? You must be kidding right? I never asked for your help? F*ck you Daniel, f*ck you, telling me I need help, f*ck you. I do not want you in my life. Get the hell out of my house!"

"Jane listen! You are becoming defensive because you do not want to accept the truth. You need help, you really need help and I do not care how long it will take me but I will make sure to give that to you. I will come home for vacation, holiday, thanksgiving and what not and I'll always come back home to you."

"No! You are leaving Daniel? So go! Go away! Go away and leave me and Amy alone!" She started crying after that, "leave us like how John left us."

"You are leaving?" They heard behind them and turned to see a worried Amy.

"Amy." Daniel whispered to himself.

"Amy!......" He repeated, taking one step forward.

"No! No!" Jane took Amy by the hand, drawing her away from him, "don't come closer to her! Go away!"

"Daniel don't go!" Amy yelled, tears streaming down her face as she tried to pull away from her mother's grip towards him.

"Go away Daniel? Go away!" Jane yelled, pulling Amy away.

A tear run down Daniel's cheek as he sniffed and said, "I'm sorry," walking out of the house from the pain of seeing Amy yell in tears.

"Daniel! Daniel!! Nooooooo!!!" Was the last thing he heard from Amy as he walked to his car.

The next day, Amy opened up her eyes from sleep and a tear fell from her eye when she did. Her eyes were swollen from crying throughout the night. After Daniel left the night before, she pushed her mother and run out of the house, calling out his name for him to stop, but he was long gone and out of sight.

Laying in bed at that moment all she could do was think of Daniel. He told her he would never leave, but that was all a lie. A lie she wished hadn't been real to her. She wiped her cheek with her hand as she cried the more. It was a school day but she wasn't ready to go to school. Not today, not when the only friend she had at home was leaving her. She stayed in bed for the rest of the day and surprisingly her mother hadn't come to her room to ask her to go to school. It made her worry a bit, but as at that moment, she didn't care anymore. She didn't care about her mother or anyone else. All she cared about was Daniel.