Chapter 20

Dear Hiblos (Home in books lovers),

I am so sorry for delaying in bringing an update, I had a lot of assingments to do these past few weeks and it took most of my time. Been able to finally complete them and back to 'OBSESSION' Baby!

Enjoy❤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         Morning routine before school was done in Daniel's house. She didn't go back home and he drove her to school after she was ready. She wasn't sure if her mother had called to find out about her whereabouts but she hadn't spoken to her.

At school, she had some difficulty focusing in class and no matter how much she tried to pay attention, she couldn't do it. The fact that there was a teacher infront of her and her mates were quietly listening wasn't much of a distraction for her. Her thoughts were taking control. She was worried, concerned, unhappy, blamed herself, everything else. The only person she knew cared about her and would probably not leave her was Daniel but she was doubting that now.

She literally had no one.

During lunch break, she brought her diary out to write but;

"You brought your diary to school?" Kayla asked her.

Amy looked at her.

"Really Amy, nothing gets to you. How can you bring your diary after everything?"

"I don't know. I just want to write in it."

"What do you want to write? Is something going on? Tell me instead."

"But I can't."

"Why can't you?"

"B.....because I don't want you to experience what I'm experiencing."

Kayla sighed and took her hand, "Amy I want to experience everything you're experiencing. I don't care. You're like my sister, even more than that. Please tell me what is happening."

Amy thought for sometime before saying, "I am scared that Daniel will leave me."

"Daniel? Why would he leave you?"

"Because he and my mom have been arguing. She's gone back to drinking and he doesn't like it. This is how my daddy left."

Kayla didn't know what to say after that. How could a person be comforted in a situation like this?

She only looked at her and they sat in awkward silence.

"I am sorry." was the only thing she could say. This was something she didn't know how to handle. She knew she would be torn apart if her parents were to decide on calling it quits. It would literally depress her, so at that moment, she only stared at her friend, imagining what she was going through.

At the close of school, she walked out of the school building with Kayla. They stood there looking at the other kids when Pete came from behind and stood infront of them.

"Amy I am sorry for what Nigel and I did. We weren't planning on hurting you by reading your diary."

"But you did hurt me. Kayla is my best friend and yet I haven't allowed her to look into my diary not even once, and she had never opened my diary even though I have spent most of my life around her why would the two of you do that?"

"I don't know. We were just curious."

"To know what? To know what I write inside?"

"Yes."

"But that's none of your business. Pete I'm sorry but I don't trust you two anymore. I just can't. Please let's just go back to how our lives were and just stop being friends."