Chapter 5

It was 7:35pm when her aunt brought her home in her car. She stopped a few distance away from the house to prevent her mother from seeing her.
"We are here." She said sighing. Amy quickly hugged her.
"I love you so much Aunt Peppa." She said.

"I love you too my love." Her aunt sniffed, "Too bad you aren't mine, but I am extremely glad you are my niece. You can come to me for anything okay?"
Amy nodded. She was about to open the car door when, "O wait," Her aunty said moving her hand to the back of her neck, then she removed the gold necklace around her neck and fixed it around Amy's neck. It had a round symbol on it which looked like how kids drew the sun with triangles around it.

"It is passed on from generations." Her aunt said. "We give it to our first born, being male or female. My mother gave it to me and now I am giving it to you. You have to take good care of it Amy. Never lose it. This necklace is made of gold. Real gold, and is worth a fortune. See how heavy it is?" Amy nodded.
"Do not sell or give it to anyone. You only give it to your first born child. It is a family property okay?" Amy nodded, giving her aunt a smile.
"I won't lose it." She said, hugging her aunt before stepping out of the car.

When she got to the door she hid the necklace in her dress before entering the house. Her mother was sitting on the couch sobbing while sipping tea. Amy tried to slowly walk up the stairs without being seen, but there was a sound like a creak, then, "Amy?" Her mother called. She turned towards the direction of the living room and moved closer so her mother could see her. "Amy!" Her mother exclaimed jumping up and embracing her in a tight hug.

"I can't breath" Amy said as she felt her mother squeeze.

"O dear, I am so sorry." She said freeing her from the hug. "Where did you go?" Amy sighed.

"I am not in the mood for questions." She sternly told her mother.

"I am your......"

"No! No! No! You have never been and you never will be." She shouted, running up the stairs.

           Kayla was in her room when her mother walked in. She was making a research on her laptop. Her mother walked up to her and placed a kiss on her forehead. "What are you doing?" She asked her.

"Making research on a certain topic we studied in Science."

"I see" Her mother said. Then she observed Kayla for a while before adding, "I am glad I got a daughter like you. You are almost perfect you never give me a reason to tell you what to do."

Kayla chuckled, "Mom, you always say that."

"And I mean it. You are almost ten and what you do is beyond what kids your age do. Your room is always clean, you are always prepared for school, you remind us of things we forget, even meetings you hear us talking about and remind us of our agenda. You singlehandedly tidy up the house making me do nothing at all, you......"

"Mom, I love you, but I am a little busy right now."

"Busy? Are you busy for this?" Her mother asked, leaning forward and giving her a tickle making her giggle, "Mom stop it." She said, but her mother didn't listen to her.

"Tell me you are busy now." She said.

"I am not busy, I am not busy." Kayla said in between laughter.

"Good" Her mother said, and when silence fell between them, Kayla sighed, "you are here to ask about Amy, aren't you?" Her mother smiled.

"She won't talk to me." Kayla continued. "I have tried all I can, but she still ignores me."

"But what was the cause of all this?"

"I am not sure," She answered, "I just tried to be there for her and she just, pushed me away."