Chapter 12

"Amyyy!" Daniel shouted with fear, realising what Amy was planning on doing. "Stay here Jane." He quickly said, running in the direction Amy went.

She had already reached the sea, and turned to look at Daniel running towards her, so she dipped herself into the water to hide away from him, but that took a minute before Daniel entered the water.

"Amy! Amy!" He started shouting in a call, looking around him as he did.

There were a lot of people around him and they all seemed happy swimming, but there was no sight of Amy.

"Amyyyyyy!" He called again, entering the water and coming out. His eyes started to sting from unshed tears as he couldn't sight any little girl having red hair.

Amy's Diary/POV

I went under the water, and I felt it carrying me away from the edge. Within a short time, I lost my breath under the water and attempted pulling myself out for air, but I couldn't do it. I was drowning. The water had a remarkable strength that made me feel like I was a light weight, like I didn't have any strength in me, and where I reached in the water felt deeper than when I had entered so I finally knew that I was drowning and was never going to come out of the water. My thought was to let go and let the water carry me away from what I had witnessed and heard on the shore. To carry me away from the feeling of being neglected, worthless, and rejected. The sea was helping me, I thought. It was saving me, and I had to let it, so I decided to let go, taking a breath under the water and feeling my nose, mouth and ears covered and blocked from air. I couldn't breath anymore, and I didn't struggle. I let the water carry me away. I was finally gone and at peace.

"Amyyyyyyyy!" Daniel called when he realised he wouldn't find her. He didn't hold back his tears anymore. The thought of losing Amy made it hard for him to do that. He cried uncontrollably, calling for her, thereby attracting the attention of those around him so one of them went out of the water and quickly reported the issue.

Lifeguards started to run towards the water but Daniel didn't know that. He was devastated and frustrated, so he thought of a Suicide Mission. He had to commit suicide if he wanted to find her, so he dived into the water, without hearing the people, including the lifeguards who had entered the water calling him to stop.

He went under the water and swam deeper and further, ready to die for the girl he was looking for.

"Daniel! Amy!" Jane called getting to the edge of the water, where everyone had been asked to get out of, so she was stopped by someone not to enter the water.

Nobody was in the water anymore as the lifeguards and authorities there were trying to save a boy and a girl, "did you say a boy and a girl?" Jane asked one of the stand byers.

"Yes." The person answered, telling her she, the person, was in the water when a young man started calling for a girl named 'Amy.'

Jane's eyes widened in shock as it hit her.

Daniel had run into the water.

Daniel and Amy were in the water and no one could find them.

Her breathing ceased as she thought of what was happening,

'She was losing the two most important people in her life'.

She fainted.

After a while, with people standing by the water, others going back to their umbrellas, leaving the beach, authorities making phone calls and Jane who was now conscious being questioned by the authorities as she sat at the back of an ambulance, everyone believed Daniel and Amy was dead.