Chapter 18

A warm day, a quiet neighborhood, a tense atmosphere. They both had surprised look on their faces as they sat down reading Amy's diary. Everything, from her mother abusing her to her drinking problems to Amy's love for William was right there infront of them.

They had been glued to the diary for so long that they neither spoke nor swallowed a lump, not to even talk of breathing, although they could. The things written in the diary were things they never expected and even though they thought of putting the diary down instead of reading it, they couldn't do it.

The more they read, the more interested they got, to the extent of them forgetting where they were, that they were in Kayla's house.

"And he took the ice cream and put it on top of his head." The two girls giggled as they entered the room.

Kayla was the one telling Amy about a movie she had watched so she entered after Amy, who stood there pale like she had seen a ghost.

Nigel and Pete stood to their feet looking at her while Nigel hid the diary at his back.

They all stood there looking at each other as they were not sure how to react with what had just happened.

Amy had seen them reading her diary.

"Guys, we got the snacks." Kayla said walking towards them.

Amy immediately left the snacks to the floor, walked in serious anger to Nigel and pulled her diary out of his hand.

"Why did you read my diary?!" She asked, pushing him against his chest, making him go backwards but did not fall.

"Why would you do that!" Amy yelled, "you shouldn't have read my diary. You shouldn't have!"

"We just wanted to know what you wrote in there." Pete explained.

"No!" Amy shouted, a tear falling from her eye as it welded up from the pain she felt.

"You shouldn't have read my diary! I would never do that to you! My diary is mine! There is nothing in here that is yours! Nothing at all. I hate you guys!"

"What for!" Nigel also yelled, "for finding out that you like Mr. Rakes?!"

"Nigel........." Kayla said.

"Yes! Yes! I do like him and I don't care what any of you think!"

"But he is our teacher!"

"So what! So what if he is? I like him and my diary isn't meant for anyone! "

"But it's wrong! You're not supposed to like him!"

"I will like him however I want to! Don't tell me not to like him. I like him and I hate you!"

"Well fine, I hate you too!"

"I hate you more!" Amy yelled, wiping her tears with her hand as she took her school bag and run out of the room.

Kayla looked at the two boys confusingly before running after Amy.

"Amy!" She called.

When Amy rushed down the stairs and Duke saw her, he grew concerned because he saw her crying.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked, but Amy opened the main door and run out of the house.

She run as fast as her legs could carry her. She was angry, hurt and she didn't want to be with her friends anymore.

Kayla run out of the house calling after her, but Amy run and kept on running until she was out of sight.

All she wanted was to go home.