Chapter 21

"Good morning beautiful." Daniel greeted Jane when she woke up beside him.

He had already been awake, took his bath, prepared breakfast, dressed up, served Amy and was now waiting to drive her to school. He had been sitting on the bed staring at Jane as she slept peacefully.

Last night had been full of ecstasy. They gave themselves to eachother in a manner they had never done before. Yes, it wasn't their first time but they always felt like they were holding back. This time, it wasn't like that. They tried all the moves they had never tried before and they did all the things they had never done before, so it wasn't surprising to Daniel how exhausted Jane was.

If only she knew his love for her was more exhausting than the things she put him through, because he knew she would never love him back, even if he gave her the whole world.

"Hi handsome." Jane said in a yawning voice.

"You sleep good?" He asked her and she nodded her head while rubbing her eyes.

"I brought you breakfast."

"In bed?"

"Yeah."

She smiled, "you want to do what's done in movies."

"No, I want to do what my heart tells me to." He leaned forward and kissed her, "You mean a lot to me." He added and she only smiled.

"Anyways, I'll be taking Amy to school, so you can get ready. I'll be taking you out."

"Okay baby." Jane said.

        Inside Daniel's car they both sat and she constantly looked at him, smiling from time to time. Daniel looked ahead at the road but he could see from the side of his eye, that Amy was looking at him and it made him think about what he did with her mother. He couldn't help but smile to himself imagining what Amy was thinking. She must have heard them or no, she was probably asleep.

"Why are you smiling?" Amy asked him.

"Why are you also smiling?" He also asked her and it made her broaden her smile.

"I don't know." She simply answered.

"But you keep smiling."

"Maybe because I'm happy."

"About what?"

"Mmmnnnnn you?"

"You're happy about me? Why?"

"Because you are like - my step dad."

"Step dad? But I'm not married to your mom."

"Well, I wish you were."

They arrived at her school shortly after she said those words.

"Thanks Daniel." She said as she gave him a hug before stepping out of the car.

"I'll pick you up after school, okay?"

"Okay." Amy answered, walking away and leaving him to think about what she had said.

It was something he once thought about but he wanted to first achieve a goal in life, before making that move.

      After dropping Amy off, he headed straight for his house to put on something different for his day with Jane. Whistling like he just won a lottery, he entered his house, heading for the stairs when he heard;

"And where have you been?"

He turned towards the direction of the sound and saw his mother with an angry look on her face.