Chapter 17

Infront of Kayla's house door they stood, both of them uncertain about their decision.

"We shouldn't have come here." Nigel told Pete.

"O come on, like you do not want to see Amy."

Nigel smiled.

Pete rung the door bell and they waited for it to be answered. They stood infront of the door having their own thoughts when the door opened with Duke standing infront of the door. Tall, with an angry look on his face.

Nigel swallowed hard.

"Uhm........." He started.

"I thought you aren't with Kayla anymore?" Duke asked sternly.

"Ye -Yes........"

"So what are you doing here?"

"We are here to work our assignment with Kayla." Pete answered.

"Does Kayla know you're coming here?"

"Yes please."

Duke silently looked at them for sometime before saying;

"Okay wait here, I'm going to get her."

        After waiting for a few minutes, Duke came back. He opened the door and asked them to step into the house which they did. Then he he asked them to put their backs together, causing Pete and Nigel to look at eachother.

"Why should we do that?" Pete asked.

"Because that's the only way you will see kayla."

"Then what are you doing with that rope in your hand?" Nigel also asked.

"If I wanted to kill you, you'd be dead the moment you stepped infront of the door. Do as I say, or you can take your leave."

"Look, we're only here to work our assignment. There isn't the need for us to do this." Pete confidently said.

"Backs together or leave." Duke said.

"Pete I think we should go."

"You know what, I changed my mind." Duke said locking the door, "you're doing this, else you wouldn't like what will happen to you."

Pete looked at Nigel.

"Okay fine." He said.

He exchanged unhappy looks with Nigel before bringing his back to his. Then Duke began to tie them up with the rope he had in his hand. He brought the rope in a tight wrap against their arms.

"You shouldn't have come to see Kayla." He said, "this should be a lesson."

After tying them up, he asked them to follow him.

Tied together, they only moved with their legs in an awkward movement of them moving their legs quickly than they usually would.

"Uhm, please, where is Kayla?" Pete managed to ask.

"You do not need to know." Duke answered. He took them to their basement.

"You guys are going to stay here till I feel it's okay to let you out."

"Tied up?" Pete asked.

"Yes." Duke answered.

"But what if we want to ease ourselves."

"Then feel free to do it in your pants," and with that, Duke left the dark basement, locking the door behind him. Afterwards he walked to the storeroom where his mom and the two girls were.